Logitech Precision PC Gaming Headset Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Logitech Precision PC Gaming Headset Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we look at what seems to be a very popular headset for PC Gaming – the Logitech Precision PC Gaming Headset. At a very affordable price, is this the set that will make you truly L337 when in use? With 40mm neodymium stereo drivers and in-line volume controls they look great on paper!

For a retail price of $29.95, this is very popular headset with masses attempting for the first time to use real-time communication in gaming as well as other chat programs such as Skype or Google-Talk. At first glance, this set would seem to have everything a gamer and a grandmother would need.
Article Title: Logitech Precision PC Gaming Headset Review
Current Pricing: Live Pricing
zachig
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by zachig »

Thanks for the review. I'm just thinking now on buying a new headset, so I thought maybe I'll go with this one. I'm afraid that it will make my ears hurt (like you stated in the review), that's why I haven't decided yet.

Do you have any recommendations on another headset that I can buy for $25-$35???

THX!!!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Ken is working on many more gaming headsets and has found a couple that are good. I'll let him say which though as he used them all!
dunn2953
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by dunn2953 »

i once owned this headset but the pain was too much and i'm looking for a newone now, in the $50-100 price range. it seems there are no sites that do purely stuff like joystick, mouse keyboard and headset reveiws
zachig
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by zachig »

Have you heard about or tried one of the "SteelSound" headsets?

You can read a good review on one of their sets HERE.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

you should check out these guys. I got a pair. they are cool but take some getting used to.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
zachig
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by zachig »

Thanks, bigblockmatt! This headset looks awesome and is pretty cheap as well. Also the reviews give it a pretty high score.

THX. :)
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

any of them noise cancelling? I have a pair of maxell noise cancelling headphones that are doing down the crapper really soon. Noise cancelling is one of those once you go black you never go back. LOL
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

zachig wrote:Thanks for the review. I'm just thinking now on buying a new headset, so I thought maybe I'll go with this one. I'm afraid that it will make my ears hurt (like you stated in the review), that's why I haven't decided yet.

Do you have any recommendations on another headset that I can buy for $25-$35???

THX!!!
We have a review coming up on what I consider the best "entry-level" line of headsets, the Altec Lansing AHS302usb. They aren't noise cancelling, but sound and mic quality are very good. Street price: ~$22

The ones that Bigblockmatt pointed us to look good as well. Wouldn't mind gettng my hands on one to test. 8)

Stay tuned for more headsets!
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
zachig
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by zachig »

Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to see that review on the "Altec Lansing AHS302usb" headset. :)
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

the edimensional headsets are pretty cool for gaming. they have the "force feedback" which really just the headsets kinda vibrating when in action. like when you shoot or get shot or jump etc. the main problems i had with them was that they have to be quite loud to "feel" the effect of the force feedback and the litghts on the side didnt work unless it was loud. I also had some buzzing during quite times which got anoying. dont know if it was my sound card or something else. they are very ocmfertable to wear.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009