Xbox 360

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Bigedmond
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Xbox 360

Post by Bigedmond »

Well, some of you might have heard, select walmarts have a few playable xbox 360s. here in vegas, the green valley superstore has one. After like 20 minutes waiting, finaly get my hands on the controller. Being in game development industry, i rally wanted to check it out.

So, first impressions arent that great. The graphics look alot like xbox games, but a little cleaner, and the textures come across better. But still really fuzzy. The display was an LCD tv, so it wasnt that. They only had 3 games there were playable. King Kong, COD2, and the other i dont remember. COD2 looked really bad. Very unimpressive. there were no shadows, and the textures were very bright.

If anyone else has had a chance to check one out, what did you think of it.
Yuriman
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Yuriman »

I have no idea what you are talking about, its about equivelant to compare a low end Geforce3 to an overclocked 7800GTX. Very much prettier.

Also, remember, launch titles are not likely to show anywhere near the console's max potential. PS2 went from running Unreal Tournament with the graphics turned down slightly, to Battlefield 2: Modern combat:

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/676/676927/imgs_1.html
Bigedmond
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Bigedmond »

Screen shots of a development machine dont prove anything to me. When i am holding the controller and playing it, that is the proof. Wont matter, 4 more weeks, and my work gets a dev machine. We arent making an xbox 360 game, but the possibility is being explored. They why we are getting the xbox 360, and ps3 in decemeber.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

well damn big man, you got the good job, lol, I work in a plastics factory, talking about suck-ass, lol. But that's cool though, at least you get the dev system to work with.....I really do wonder who will come out in the end, I've heard a lot of things: Xbox 360 has a monster processor, PS3 is going to have more high-def games, and I also heard the PS3 is supposed to be more expensive when it comes out.....but time will tell, already know the Xbox 360 will be dialing in at around 400 for the high-end one. Personally, it won't matter, because more than likely after I get my rig built, I won't even have a need for a console...who knows though, I might just buy one on a whim one day, lol :rolleyes:
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

the wifes little brother will have his in a few days, he is one of the lucky sob's that won one via the mountain dew every 10 minutes giveaway.. he got a 360 for 20 bucks worth of MD, and he would have spent that on the soda anyway..
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

hit that one on the head, lol, lucky mofo..he better watch himself before someone tries to grab it from him, although you'll probably pop a cap in his arse with the AK, rofl :axe:
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

XBOX announces the list of 200 games that will work on the 360. However, a hard drive will be required for emulation to run the games. More here:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwar ... lityqa.htm
Joe
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Bummer, out of the 15 or so games I have...only 3 are on the list. No Madden - WTF??? That's a staple!
Joe
nForcer227
Legit User
Legit User

Post by nForcer227 »

Will the Xbox 360 have backward compatibilty? I havent read anything about it, but heard it might be planned....
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Yes, see my above post.
Joe
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

well got to play around with the the 360 over the past weekend. played perfect dark mutli player... for the night we only had one issue and it was with getting the 4th wireless controler to login to the system. took a couple try's but once it did it worked great.

the graphics are nice, looks cool, smooth, nice and detailed. the tv we was playing on wasnt a HDTV but still looked dam nice. the case is still a goofy shape that wont stack but the way its laid out you wont want to stack it, and if its high up in your av cabnet then you maight have an issue with the power cable.. the power converter is in the cable not the box, so you have this massive lump in the middle of the power cable about 2" thick, 3"w and 7" long.

also one of the guys that was there was a hard core consol guy and he was constainly bitching about the wireless conttrolers sensitivity, he had it cranked to 100% and he said it was livable but he wasnt happy about it, me I was lucky to function (I'm not a consol player... not since NES) but the others had to crank up the sensitivity to be happy.

as it sets if I drop 400 on something its going to be a vid card and ram for my PC
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Got that right!!! Hell, on a PC we enthusiasts can probably get COD2 to look like the 360, if not better IMO.....I would drop 400 on a processor before the Xbox...with their charging ridiculous prices for their online gameplay...thank God I kept buying new games when I had my Xbox....I kept getting the 2 months free deal and just kept changing my username.....it was a sweet time, lol.
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

PC Games are always going to have better graphics over councle. Only reason i got an xbox was because i could easly mod it, put in a 200gb hard drive, and get games free and play online for free(although its not xbox live)
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Bought one of these on Sunday (I got the last one in the store). Very cool. I'll never get my homework done now. :roll:
Joe
vets
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by vets »

i am waiting for the ps3 to roll out. then some more when the prices drop. ok i will be waiting a long time. my ps2 works well right now.

On the Internet, nobody knows that you're a dog.
aloverof1
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Xbox 360

Post by aloverof1 »

what is with people and the ps3 ](*,) it sucks the 360 is way better.
I mean i'll give the ps3 a (4) and the 360 a (10) with (10) being the best system ever made so fare
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Xbox 360

Post by ibleet »

Dude, this thread is nearly 2 years old... :roll: