19" LCD Monitor for gaming. Suggestions?

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
TK421
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

19" LCD Monitor for gaming. Suggestions?

Post by TK421 »

I'm wanting to get a 19" LCD (normal aspect ratio OR widescreen) monitor for gaming purposes mainly. I know LCD's can ghost and leave undesired results for gamers, but I'm wondering if any of you that game have any recommendations.

Thanks in advance!
Stormtrooper TK421
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I have the SyncMaster 915n from Samsung and it works like a champ.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

samsung 930b here and i love it, pretty much no ghost at all. It doesnt have the tilt side to side and stuff like the dells have, but who cares i would never use it.

I highly reccomend it.
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bwall »

I believe the 915n and 930b are the same panel. 915n is analog and 930b is DVI.
I've had my 915n for about year and have been happy with it for gaming.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

just purchased a 930b about a week ago - AWESOME! I was deciding between widescreen and regular also, when the one clerk told me how your pictures would get stretched to fill the screen when vieing them - that put me right to a standard screen size for now! Plus the cost saving was enormous!

I bought mine at Circuit City - I would NEVER buy a LCD through the internet, jsut because I want it hooked up to make sure there are no dead pixels before I leave the store - 1 dead pixel is too many for me!

Oh refresh rate is awesome, no ghosting on Sniper Elite ( its fun, let me alone :p ), or dvd movies.

800000% better for doing things when the sun is shining! my CRT would get reflections from hell, this has NONE! sun beating in and I can still watch movies or play games!!!!!

I will shut up now :)

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

whatever you get make sure its DVI!!!! The differance between the two is like night and day.