Oblivion (Elder Scrolls IV)

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Topher
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Topher »

Ah sorry.... I read this:
i live about 15 mins away from bethesda.
and seen that your location listed next to your name was st. louis mo, so I just assumed......
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

ah hehe it's all good :)
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

I do beleive i OWN this game.... yup got it yesterday... couldnt wait for it to be relased in the UK so got it shipped over express from USA! :D

Just a side note... if u got a good GFX card... and by good i mean X800/GF6600GT and above this game will be lolvley... under that you wont experiance it like it should be....

Im gonna upgrade by 9800 Pro sometime soon...
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

yeah time to get rid of the 9800 Pro!
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

lol... I still have my 9800 Pro and I still love it! :) I was thinking of picking up an x850 (AGP, yes...) 'cause I don't plan on upgrading to PCI-e for a atleast a year yet.
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

thats the problem i have... it seems that with AGP and PCi-E cards, the AGP counterparts are £20-£30 more expensive.... and this is really a pain in the dernier....
Soliex
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Soliex »

I love this game.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Well good thing i didnt buy this! My friend bought a copy and brought it over, since i have a better graphics card than he does, and I cant even hardly move in the menus it is that jerky...I admit I only have the GeForce FX5900, but DAMN - all the settings at the lowest and I cant move the mouse properly on the screen? He is fit to be tied since he only has the Ti series video card right now..lol..

oh and this system is the 3000+ with 2gb ram yada yada yada...I just dont get it...*sigh*

Was looking forward to trying it too! Then maybe buying it once the price came down to around $20.

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Well, don't feel so bad. I have a dual core running at 2853 with a 2GB of RAM and a 7800GTX 256MB and on near max settings it stutters sometimes. Now I want the 7900GTX but no one has them in stock :evil:
Joe
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

my god people... my 9800 pro does well for itself... im at recommended settings but instead of 800x600 im at 1280x960 and have turned on water reflect and water ripple. All i turned down was visual distance and that was by 1 notch... its a massive boost to performance!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Immortal wrote:my god people... my 9800 pro does well for itself... im at recommended settings but instead of 800x600 im at 1280x960 and have turned on water reflect and water ripple. All i turned down was visual distance and that was by 1 notch... its a massive boost to performance!
and that is why I cant understand why mine is doing so poorly - the FX5900 Ultra blows away the ati 9800 pro. Only difference between the 5900 ultra nd mine is 50mhz core clock - mine is 400 the ultra is 450.

Maybe there is something else screwed up on mine :(

oh I was running at 1280X1024 to match my monitor, maybe i should try at 800X600 or something...just htought of that :oops:

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
DanielDev
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by DanielDev »

got p4 2.66ghz (533fsb :oops: ) OCed to 3.4ghz, 512mb ram, 9800XT 265mb and am running it at 1280x1024 with visual distance turnes down.
runs pretty smooth, loading takes a while, but more ram is coming up this way :)
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

KnightRid wrote:and that is why I cant understand why mine is doing so poorly - the FX5900 Ultra blows away the ati 9800 pro. Only difference between the 5900 ultra nd mine is 50mhz core clock - mine is 400 the ultra is 450.

Maybe there is something else screwed up on mine :(

oh I was running at 1280X1024 to match my monitor, maybe i should try at 800X600 or something...just htought of that :oops:

Mike
Try going here:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... 3&t=308781

Scroll to the middle of the page and then a little bit down to where it says "Very low end video card (GF3, GF4ti, radeon 8500/9000 etc, possibly FX series) tweaks (Or, is my video card supported?)"

Has a lot of tweaks you can do to get the game running smoothly. :P

Though the best performance boost for people will probably come from tweaking the SMP (if you have dual core) and grass options in Oblivion.ini.

Specifically:

[General]
iPreloadSizeLimit=1000000000

[OPENMP]
iThreads=20
iOpenMPLevel=20

[Grass]
iMinGrassSize=125 (the higher the number, the less dense the grass)
audiodox
Legit User
Legit User

Post by audiodox »

done waiting for it to come out... :( just waiting to get enough money buy it :P
TK421
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by TK421 »

audiodox wrote:done waiting for it to come out... :( just waiting to get enough money buy it :P
I got a copy from my friends to make sure it ran on my PC, but it's so good, Im going to buy it. Afterall, they didn't bother with all that copyright protection crap. I'm impressed and for that, they deserve kudos!

Also, the tweaks on the forums REALLY helped out on my GeForce Go 6600
Stormtrooper TK421