The Booq Python XL Laptop Backpack Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Tired of breaking notebooks or looking cheap with the free bag that came with your notebook purchase? If you want large capacity and lots of pockets, a rugged design and solid laptop protection, Python may just be the backpack solution for you.

For those of us who do quite a bit of traveling or even those of us who commute with a laptop everyday for work or for school, you will be hard-pressed to find a better laptop case on the market. Booq has done an exceptional job – some would say overkill – of giving consumers a high-end alternative to laptop carrying cases.
Article Title: The Booq Python XL Laptop Backpack Review
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Very cool product, but I don't think I'll pay greater than $200 for any backpack other than my hiking pack.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Yeah the The Booq Python XL is $179.99 on Froogle and a bit too much for me to pay, but I don't carry my notebook 24/7. This would be ideal for those that work downtown who bike or walk to their office every day.
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

I really do love mine. It's very big, but protects the contents hella-well. If you are a road warrior (or if your company is paying for it) you gotta at least check it out.

Not sure i would bike with this thing Apop - even the XM is pretty big...Booq has messenger-type bags as well. Maybe LR will get one of those to review in the future.

*woof*
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pcrobot »

That thing is sweet!
Digital Puppy

Re: The Booq Python XL Laptop Backpack Review

Post by Digital Puppy »

I just got this email from a reader and wanted to post it. The message here for me here is that in this instance, you really get what you pay for. By Booq backpack and laptop cases have been rock solid since day 1. I had a broken zipper problem about a year ago and Booq sent me out an entirely new product - with updates to their zipper system. They did this not because I am a writer with LR, but because that is their standard warranty policy.
I know your review of a Booq bag is now several years old on Legit Reviews. I don't know if this would be useful to you at this time or not. I just wanted to share my recent experience with Booq. I've owned a Python XL for a few years now. It was a $200 backpack, so it was not a purchase I took lightly. However, considering the quality of the bag it was worthwhile. Also, I know these backpacks are geared toward the Mac crowd. I'm not a Mac user, I just needed an excellent quality backpack that was meant for travel. I consistently travel to 3rd world countries for work, which involves, at its worst, construction projects in deserts and jungles. I take my Booq Python along with me. After 2 years, a few of the zippers have broken, along with one of the seems coming undone. Nothing I wouldn't expect considering the harsh life this backpack leads.

What did shock me, was Booq's outstanding customer service and commitment to their warranty. I called Booq up on their toll free number and spoke with a representative, Anthony. I explained that I would be leaving the country again in 2 weeks, and wanted to know if there was a way they could accommodate me. To my surprise, Anthony asked me to send him some digital pictures of the damage to the backpack, so I did just that. He looked at the pictures, and emailed me in the morning, explaining that this did indeed look like an issue that the warranty would cover. I called him to give my credit card number to pay the $10 Fedex shipping charge, and Booq sent me a completely new backpack that afternoon. To me, this was a refreshing example of a company supporting the product they sell. You don't really see this nowadays.

Two of my coworkers bought $70 Targus laptop backpacks which have broken in the 4 months they've had them. They have no recourse. They're now resigned to throw them away and pay for brand new backpacks, or go through the time consuming and expensive process of contacting the manufacturer and paying to ship their backpacks back, in the hopes that the manufacturer will deem the damage "under warranty", and ship a refurbished replacement in 4-6 weeks.

I don't have a whole lot of free time, but I thought Booq's overwhelming service deserved some recognition. I did a google search and your article was one of the first I found. Hopefully this information is useful to you, or you can pass it on to someone who can express it to the massive online audience.
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.