24 Series Comment Thread *Warning: Spoilers*

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

NO WAY...LOGAN!!! Who knew?
I'm not surprised, but I really didn't see it coming...I don't see his purpose??
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

http://xtremedesktops.com/main.html there's a 24 theme... someone wanna try it out? i don't want to... i like mine the way it is. take screenshots!
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

the vp was not it cause they wanted you to think it was him...i didnt think it was the pres. though. i kinda thought it was that aid chick...ooh well. not that great of an episode.

ps. i got my login screen the CTU login thing, kinda cool looking
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

i loaded the 24 desktop thing...it is just like a flash program funning in the background. its got buttons and stuff. supposedly it changes every hour.

here is teh first one

I think i like my CTU logon screen alot better though

comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

meh, not worth changing my desktop...

Digital Puppy

The President?!?!

Post by Digital Puppy »

Jeez...another great episode...didn't think the president had it in him to be a bad dude. No wonder he didn't call back the motorcade when his wife was in trouble. :shock:

Cool to see Palmer avenging his brother's death - with extreeme prejedice!

How many more episodes to go??

'DP
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

i think that was ep 16, so there are 8 left.
pointreyes
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by pointreyes »

-mogwai wrote:i think that was ep 16, so there are 8 left.
No wonder I got confused. :p

I watched parts of Season 1 late on Sunday nights which got me hooked on watching Season 2 which I'm on ep17 and now I'm watching Season 5 only starting two weeks ago. Er, nerve gas on this one, nuke on other one. :rolleyes: You know mixing up these Seasons adds a certain element to the show. :shock: :D
Diagram of Hardware Profile
----------------------------------------------------------
BSD Daemon Copyright 1988 by Marshall Kirk McKusick. All Rights Reserved.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

hehe yeah, you gotta watch each season straight through
goose
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by goose »

Yeah I didn't want to start halfway through last season without knowing what happened before. Just before this season started some guys and I watched every season, we did 2 episodes twice a week. Now watching it with commercials and so long between episodes it is harder to figure out what is going to happen next.
I watch with BigBlockMatt and we were damn sure the VP wasn't the guy, because they made it way to obvious. I loved that they had Palmer "the Lesser" joining in the fun. However he can't top Jack and his knife kills!
Goose Out

goose
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by goose »

All right so President Logan is in bed with Henderson. I can accept that fact. I, however have a problem with the way the character has done a 180 so quickly. He went from stuttering stammering fool telling other people to make decisions for him to a douche bag with a backbone. Did I miss the scene where he grew a set of balls? His character has been a whiny D-bag, since he was the VP, they can't just change the character now that he is "bad". [/rant]

Anyway it was still a good episode! Wayne Palmers eyes were looking evil red last night though.

Did I mention that Aaron Pierce is hardcore?!
Goose Out

bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

I enjoyed the episode.

kinda liked the whole bank thing.
pierce is great
logon i hate even more

somethings that dont really make sense though. why would the presidents aid guy from a while back kill himself??? if the president was on his side.... doesnt totally add up to me.

Some good news though, I have heard that keifer is on for another 3 "days" of 24. good times
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

bigblockmatt wrote:somethings that dont really make sense though. why would the presidents aid guy from a while back kill himself??? if the president was on his side.... doesnt totally add up to me.
Actually, this part made more sense to me now. The president's aid HAD to kill himself in order to avoid interrogation and possibly giving up the president.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

Illuminati wrote:
bigblockmatt wrote:somethings that dont really make sense though. why would the presidents aid guy from a while back kill himself??? if the president was on his side.... doesnt totally add up to me.
Actually, this part made more sense to me now. The president's aid HAD to kill himself in order to avoid interrogation and possibly giving up the president.
Maybe the pres. had him killed and made to look like a suicide!!
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

bigblockmatt wrote:
Illuminati wrote:
Maybe the pres. had him killed and made to look like a suicide!!
Hmmm....I'm thinking the aid had NO IDEA that it was ultimately the president pulling the strings. I bet he just knew of Henderson and since it spiralled out of control, he took his own life.

BTW, you just knew that the Banker was going to die when he figured out that was Logan's voice on the tape...too many witnesses.

Does anyone think that Mrs. Logan's aide and daughter are still alive?? :shock:
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
pointreyes
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by pointreyes »

I loved the last line.

"You what that means. We have to take down the President." - well, something like that.
Diagram of Hardware Profile
----------------------------------------------------------
BSD Daemon Copyright 1988 by Marshall Kirk McKusick. All Rights Reserved.
goose
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by goose »

I can't wait for Secratary Heller to bring it to the President! Heller is so badass. I can't imagine Rumsfeld using an AK and killing terrorists (last season), but this guy does it and is still professional enough to make a very convincing Secretary. I hope he kicks Logans teeth in!
Goose Out

bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

Digital Puppy wrote:
Does anyone think that Mrs. Logan's aide and daughter are still alive?? :shock:
ya, shes still alive. henderson is gonna use her as bait to get the recorder back from jack.
goose
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by goose »

So how hardcore do you need to be to fly a plane from the luggage compartment, by yanking on random wires? I love that Jack probably has the schematics from every type of plane memorized just in case he finds himself in these type situations.

The series is great (as always) and I love it when Turtle (Mike Novick) is a Snapping Turtle! He such a great character even though he has pissed me off in seasons passed. A very realistic character though nonetheless!
Goose Out

Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

Logan...comtemplating suicide yet?