Anyone is tempted to get a mac?

A place to talk about all things mobile
SAMSAMHA
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Anyone is tempted to get a mac?

Post by SAMSAMHA »

now with mac is able to run windows via boot camp, are there anyone who is kind of tempted to buy a mac laptop with core duo inside. I have to say, I am really tempted as I think mac got one of the best looking notebook but it's just so damn expensive.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

not at all... i want a cheap good laptop like my ASUS with OSX, i dont like mac computers i like OSX.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

nope.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

will never ever consider a mac... EVER... period.
sargentwolf
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by sargentwolf »

right now, im posting from a mac. thouht i would never say that.

ever sence the apple classics ive hated HATED macs...but im concidering getting one just for lan party signins...its so freaking small!!!

minus is that its a bitch to config with windows file transfers........but thats mostly xp's falt (hide a file from me will you?!?!?) still cant figure out half the shorcuts and the freaking mac's ip adress so having to do a firewire transfer of music
lacledeslan.com staff
pointreyes
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by pointreyes »

sargentwolf wrote:... still cant figure out half the shorcuts and the freaking mac's ip adress so having to do a firewire transfer of music
Click on the Apple icon on the menu, select About This Mac. This will pull up a little window that states the proc and memory. Click on the More Info... button in that little window will pull up the Mac's info. In the left window pane click on Network. This will pull up the enternet card with it's IP address in the right window pane. :)
Diagram of Hardware Profile
----------------------------------------------------------
BSD Daemon Copyright 1988 by Marshall Kirk McKusick. All Rights Reserved.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

I'm going to get a laptop soon.....and yes I'm really considering a Mac!!!!!

The laptop will be for work, Macs have everything I need and most importantly they are different!
allenpan
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by allenpan »

just get asus laptop and install MAC OS X X86 version...
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

i thought about doing that but its a real pain in the ass to get the hacked version to work... maybe i will give it a shot though
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

Don't really see the point.

If I wanted something slightly more stable and a whole lot less compatible that Windows I could just install (or CD boot into) linux. :P

All the RISC/PPC "graphics power" propaganda is a non-issue now, and most of said demonstrations were rigged/bribed anyway, so what's there left? Nothing.

Well, I suppose some people might like the GUI, but that's what ThemeXP is for. :P

That and I don't trust obscurity security. Theoretically you're less vulnerable, yes, but if anyone really knew what they were doing and really wanted your data, you'd probably be much safer behind a Windows machine.
allenpan
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by allenpan »

is not that hard, i have my xeon runing MAC OS X 10.04 wiht win XP PRO, all the driver are provided either with cd or web...beside i don't pay a dime
SAMSAMHA
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by SAMSAMHA »

mac sure has a nice os and I have to say that their design in the laptop is also among the top builders out there in my opinion. although I think it's still a bit more expensive with mac system
TK421
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by TK421 »

The wife wants one because they are 'cute'.

I have to admit that they are pretty stylish, but for what she'd use it for?!?! I think I could bring myself to buying her one.
Stormtrooper TK421
rockcola
Legit User
Legit User

Post by rockcola »

Apple makes great hardware. I think is just a matter of time before they abandon their own OS. They make too much money on the hardware and have to spend too much money developing the software.
moon111
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by moon111 »

I've seen two Macs in my entire lifetime. Both desktops. Do people actually own these things? I know a few on the internet, they're all from big cities. Maybe I'm just too far in hickville.
cyberneticimplant
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cyberneticimplant »

The only people who use Macs are stoners, and emo kids. Which is confirmed by the stupid Mac commercials. Also, they are overpriced, and tiny. If you want something different I would get a Windows laptop and install uBuntu. You will spend half the money you would on a Mac. Linux is also a Unix based OS so there are some similarities.
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

No Mac for me! Heres to the Mac ----> :finga:
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

unless you are into graphic design.....if you want to stare at an lcd screen get a mac.

MY how times change.....Quoting myself, my GF got a macbook pro. :|
Last edited by Dragon_Cooler on Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camarokid
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado
Location: Through the stargate on Planet Dakara (Actually, Ontario Canada)

Post by camarokid »

maybe if it was given to me for free. and then I wouldn't run windows on it, but I'd play with the Mac OS, more as a curiosity than anything.
"Do, or do not. There is no try."

Jedi Master Yoda.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

I'd get a laptop from them if they weren't so expensive. Equivalent Dell is far cheaper