Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Post by Kerii »

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tomcl ... id=6148407
The PC version has larger and different levels than those featured on the Xbox 360, as well as a different graphics engine and style of gameplay. It will have a vastly different multiplayer suite, as well. Advanced Warfighter for the PC will ship with two multiplayer modes. There's a cooperative gameplay mode that lets you play the entire single-player campaign with up to four players, as well as a new domination mode, which feels like a nice twist on the conquest mode found in Battlefield 2.
Holy crap! :shock: :rolleyes: :mrgreen: :P :) 8) :drool:
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

hot dang, i thought that was going to be for Xbox only. I saw the preview to this and deff looks amazing!!!!! i play the first one and liked it. this will be ubar fun!!!

"And now we turn to Ollie WIlliams with the Blaccuweather forecast,
Ollie?

HE GON GET IT!"
Last edited by Dragon_Cooler on Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TK421
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by TK421 »

Is this available yet?
Stormtrooper TK421
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

TK421 wrote:Is this available yet?
Ironically... in illegal channels... yes...

In retail... ehh... still a few days away, lol.

I got tired of waiting, so I'm playing it right now. Will definitely be buying the retail so that I can get some multiplayer co-op action though. :mrgreen:

http://xs78.xs.to/pics/06176/graw04.jpg

Edit: Preserved the link but removed the immage as its a obvious violation of copyright :( sorry, but we have to look out for our longterm interestes so this forum can bearound for years to come.

~infinite
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

TK421 wrote:Is this available yet?
Legally May 2nd
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

The multiplayer co-op demo however is available today:
http://www.ghostrecon.com/us/newspost.php?id=15433 :mrgreen:
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

Your combat buddies are Special Ed.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Dragon_Cooler wrote:hot dang, i thought that was going to be for Xbox only. I saw the preview to this and deff looks amazing!!!!! i play the first one and liked it. this will be ubar fun!!!

"And now we turn to Ollie WIlliams with the Blaccuweather forecast,
Ollie?

HE GON GET IT!"
No one watch family guy?
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

Tim Burton wrote:Your combat buddies are Special Ed.
Tell me about it.

Once my sniper slid halfway down a slope on some level and tried to walk back up. Just stayed there walking up to no avail like an idiot. I tried pushing him up but that didn't work, then I tried pushing him down and the guy actually walks back up to the middle of the slope.

I got sick of it and just grenaded him.

Interestingly enough, he was smart enough to run side ways to cover when the grenade hit his feet. :roll:

Anyways, anyone care for some demo co-op over VPN?
http://www.hamachi.cc
Network/Pass: Legit/Reviews
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

suppose to come out wednesday right??? i cant wait

I forsee a MART- GRAW PARTY!!!

werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

"cooperative gameplay mode that lets you play the entire single-player campaign with up to four players"! :shock: damn that is too cool. I didn't know about this; would be more fun than commanding mindless drones. BTW this game is very good. Probably the best tactic FPS I have ever played.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

the only thing about this game i dont like, is you have to tell the dudes what to do all the time. (ive only played the demo.)
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

I usually just have the squad follow me.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Im giving in and downloading the demo... 531MB is actually smaller than I thought it would be!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Anyone else notice the AGEIA PPU pop-up windows?

The first one tells you that you need the AGEIA Driver to play the game:

The Second one tells you that you don't have the card.
Last edited by Apoptosis on Mon May 01, 2006 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

ya, i noticed that too. i just thought "whatever"
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Looks like AGIEA is making a move ;)

I started the game, but it wouldn't launch...

I have Data Execution Prevention enabled on my computer and it shuts the demo down. This is very strange and the only time in 6+ months that I have ever seen XD-Bit work. Anyone else have this problem?

When i disabled Data Execution Prevention for GRAW and played the game for the first time I got this when I quit...

Anyone else getting this weird stuff?
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

i played it, when i closed the game, i saw the windows firewall thing, but not till after i played, im glad it works...
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

well i reserved the game at gamestop and will be getting it wednesday. I am DLing the demo now.

anyone know if this game will have that anti piracy software (forgot the name)????
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

Don't worry about those AGEIA drivers; I just pressed "cancel" when it said it will install the drivers and the game works fine without them; theres noe point on installing the drivers unless you have the AGEIA physics card. I have windows firewall disabled so I didn't get any of those pop-ups.
Dragon_Cooler wrote:well i reserved the game at gamestop and will be getting it wednesday. I am DLing the demo now.

anyone know if this game will have that anti piracy software (forgot the name)????
Do you mean something that will stop cheaters like "PUNK Buster"? This game uses Securom 7 and requires a serial number. Also I think that the co-op with 4 players is LAN; they should have made it NET and LAN.