Software Developer Quote of the Day

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Software Developer Quote of the Day

Post by Illuminati »

For all you logical/technical minded people, we have our first (And probably only :wink: ) Software Developer Quote of the Day... hehe

And the Winner is: Gabe Newell from Valve!!!
HardOCP News quote of Gabe Newell wrote:Right now we are looking at our bug numbers. Each day you fix some bugs and you find some new bugs. The net number tells you how quickly you will get to zero. At our current rate of find/fix bugs, we'll be down to zero bugs in 16 days.
As an FYI, this quote was given by Gabe as an update to the status of Half-Life 2... Also, this quote was given on Thursday, July 22nd; so if Half-Life 2 is suddenly "announced" on August 7th... then we will find out that Gabe really wasn't just jerking us around....

Wouldn't that be another sudden surprise just in time for QuakeCon?
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Well, you gotta think about it. Doom 3 has been gold a while already and is ready for release on August 5th. Half-Life 2 isn't near gold yet. I think HL2 will be out around the end of August or early/mid September. With your predicted August 7th finalization date, it will take way more than 5 days to mass produce like 20 million+ copies, box them, ship it out, and have retailers receive and shelf the game. Unless Valve has something hidden behind our backs, I don't see it out in time for QC at all.

Funny quote though... nothing that large is bug free! :D