Summer Folding Challenge

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
Rofl-Mic-Lofl
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Rofl-Mic-Lofl »

Will finish my 5th WU today! wewt. I'm gonna keep it going of course the whole month, but it's nice to know if something dies I'm still qualified.
Zenphic
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Zenphic »

Hot darn, I missed the folding! :x :P
Well, looking forward to the next folding competition!
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Just a reminder i am keeping my eyes on this :) im moving this week and next so thats part of why i have been off line more but dont think i dont keep checking your stats :) so far looks like were doing good.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Pengwin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Pengwin »

can i still join or am i late....
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

yes sorry but we will have more!
Pengwin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Pengwin »

ok ill join the next one then
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

One of my p/s just died in a case taht the front fell off..lol..glad I am entered in this one ;)

Mike

/me thinks of how to get brownie points :lol:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pcrobot »

KnightRid wrote:/me thinks of how to get brownie points :lol:
Get some of your buddies to fold! :)
hainer36
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hainer36 »

closing in on 25k now, and 1 WU per day aint all that bad
Zenphic
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Zenphic »

hainer36 wrote:closing in on 25k now, and 1 WU per day aint all that bad
:shock: :shock:

One WU a day? Mine takes more than 2 days for one! You're making my system feel so old :P And I just bought it a year ago! lol
The Black Pumpkin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by The Black Pumpkin »

Seriously. :|
AMD Opteron 1224SE "Santa Ana" = DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G
Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB DDR2 800 = Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Sapphire 4870 1GB = Sceptre X20WG-Naga 20" = Logitech X-530 5.1
Seagate 320GB (SATA II) x2 = Samsung SH-S203B (SATA)
Aegis
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Aegis »

I was doing one WU a day until I got hit with this 50k one...taking forever now!
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

ya, it all depends on what size you get...
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
Rofl-Mic-Lofl
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Rofl-Mic-Lofl »

I do the 25k ones faster then I do the 500s! The 500s have looooong frames.
werewolfdaddy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werewolfdaddy »

infinitevalence wrote:Just a reminder i am keeping my eyes on this :) im moving this week and next so thats part of why i have been off line more but dont think i dont keep checking your stats :) so far looks like were doing good.
You're staying in the Volunteer state, right? There's a state charter that forbids leaving. :)
hainer36
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hainer36 »

Zenphic wrote:
hainer36 wrote:closing in on 25k now, and 1 WU per day aint all that bad
:shock: :shock:

One WU a day? Mine takes more than 2 days for one! You're making my system feel so old :P And I just bought it a year ago! lol

thing is, that i have 4 systems (or is it 3) folding for me, i had about 7 a while back, but too hot now to do that
Zenphic
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Zenphic »

hainer36 wrote:thing is, that i have 4 systems (or is it 3) folding for me, i had about 7 a while back, but too hot now to do that
Ah, if you could make one WU a day per system, that would be Godly. Maybe Conroe will be able to take up such a task? :-k
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

werewolfdaddy wrote:
infinitevalence wrote:Just a reminder i am keeping my eyes on this :) im moving this week and next so thats part of why i have been off line more but dont think i dont keep checking your stats :) so far looks like were doing good.
You're staying in the Volunteer state, right? There's a state charter that forbids leaving. :)
Yeah its a small move only like 2 blocks, we just cant deal with our landloard anymore, he is a total jackass. He wont do anything we have asked since the day we moved in, so were moving out :) its a smaller town house than what we have but in much much better condition and its just plain nicer than where we live.
werewolfdaddy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werewolfdaddy »

infinitevalence wrote:
werewolfdaddy wrote:
Yeah its a small move only like 2 blocks, we just cant deal with our landloard anymore, he is a total jackass. He wont do anything we have asked since the day we moved in, so were moving out :) its a smaller town house than what we have but in much much better condition and its just plain nicer than where we live.
It's good to hear that you're getting away from him then. Our last landlord was very nice to us. Heck, my girlfriend's mother also rented a house from him. However, right after we moved, his nephew took over and started raising the rent on her mom and generally acting like he wanted her gone. Well, he got his way, but she's in a better house now. Thankfully, not ours. :) If you get the chance, I would recommend buying your own house one day. There's nothing like having a leak or major problem and having to pay for it yourself. :)
werewolfdaddy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werewolfdaddy »

Only two more days to go. I finished quite a few this month, but I'm having to cut down the number of hours. I had alot of computers folding 24/7 at one time and now we have a 300+ utility bill. My girlfriend literally laid a brick... right up side my head. :) But I will keep folding, but at a diminished capacity.