My new monitor purchase(s)...

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Imakeholesinu
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

My new monitor purchase(s)...

Post by Imakeholesinu »

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824116373

My next purchase will be two of these. Then I plan on buying one more and purchasing this http://www.matrox.com/mga/offhome/th2go/home.cfm.

Comments?
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

That is a really neat idea, though one hitch with what you are doing it with...

The monitors you are buying are native 1440x900 LCD's. But the maximum resolution the triple box thing supports per monitor is 1280 x 1024. So you'd be running everything at less than native resolution, which is fine on CRTs but for the crisp sharp appearance on LCD's they need to be run at native, every other resolution will look slightly fuzzy, though if you get used to it you dont notice it as much.

So for crisp sharp picture, you need to downgrade your monitors to max 1280 x 1024, or find a better triple box thing!

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Pengwin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Pengwin »

DMB2000uk wrote:That is a really neat idea, though one hitch with what you are doing it with...

The monitors you are buying are native 1440x900 LCD's. But the maximum resolution the triple box thing supports per monitor is 1280 x 1024. So you'd be running everything at less than native resolution, which is fine on CRTs but for the crisp sharp appearance on LCD's they need to be run at native, every other resolution will look slightly fuzzy, though if you get used to it you dont notice it as much.

So for crisp sharp picture, you need to downgrade your monitors to max 1280 x 1024, or find a better triple box thing!

Dan

usually multiple monitors is for normal screens, not widescreens. uf u can find a 19" screen it'll be 1280 x 1024 native. i have a 17" wide its 1440 x 900 native. so look at 19" flatpanels not 19" wide.
Imakeholesinu
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Imakeholesinu »

DMB2000uk wrote:That is a really neat idea, though one hitch with what you are doing it with...

Dan
Sweet find, ty. I guess I'll still be shopping then. I want trips just because the added desktop space is nice to have. I'll have to settle with one monitor for gaming then I guess. You just saved me $250+ Thanks!
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

No problem, glad i could help 8)

When you get the triplebox, if your still getting it, show us some pics of your 3 monitor setup :P

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Imakeholesinu
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Imakeholesinu »

I've got the dual's at home now and setup. Unfortunately Mom has the Camera this weekend so no pics until at least monday or late sunday. Will post them when I get a chance.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

widescreen ftw!!!!
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

I have that monitor and I have to say it was the best $180 I spent in a long time.
Camride
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Camride »

I have that monitor also, it's great! The refresh is perfect, I have been playing games on it for a couple weeks and haven't noticed any ghosting at all. The screen is beautiful and vibrant, best 19" widescreen I've seen. If you can get a triple head thing that will support the res I would highly recommend 2 of them.
~Camride~

MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCTS

Ci7 920, EVGA X58 SLI LE, 12GB OCZ Platinum 1333, eVGA 8800GT Superclock, Enermax Liberty 500W, Acer 22" LCD, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Someone needs a new keyboard :P

And it wouldn't hurt to have a go at cable management in your case :P

Nice setup though. Interesting windows skin.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Pengwin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Pengwin »

i like the wall paper on the right screen.