$18,000 Nvidia card

News, Reviews, and Tech related stories from our sister sites and news outlets around the net.
The Black Pumpkin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

$18,000 Nvidia card

Post by The Black Pumpkin »

Just click the link, nothing I say can help... :shock:

Linky
AMD Opteron 1224SE "Santa Ana" = DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G
Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB DDR2 800 = Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Sapphire 4870 1GB = Sceptre X20WG-Naga 20" = Logitech X-530 5.1
Seagate 320GB (SATA II) x2 = Samsung SH-S203B (SATA)
brajko2
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by brajko2 »

Uf.. that's just sick! That thing you can call a graphic card li like UPS.
But what's too much is too much. 18000$ for the cheapest model?! No way..
Except maybe for world top 10 billioners.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I'm curious... What would you think if I told you that external video card "boxes" like that are on the drawing table for gamers? Because I'll tell you right now they have been drawn up for some DX10 prototype systems.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

You could buy a pretty decent sports car for that kind of money. Or, according to Nvidia, you can have 12 mega pixel hi-def video, and a card (actually it's more like a series of cards) that will run every PC game due for release in the next century.
Damn i wish i was a multi-millionaire, how well do quadro cards play games anyway?

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

DMB2000uk wrote:Damn i wish i was a multi-millionaire, how well do quadro cards play games anyway?
Not good as the drivers aren't optimized for gaming.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

I heard that people could soft-mod their geforce cards to quadro, it'd be fun to do the reverse on this, but sadly there's no 'normal' card for them to make drivers for it anyway!
Image (<- Clickable)
Baddad53
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Baddad53 »

quote]I'm curious... What would you think if I told you that external video card "boxes" like that are on the drawing table for gamers? Because I'll tell you right now they have been drawn up for some DX10 prototype systems.[/quote]
I say keep going and everyone will go to consoles for gaming. All they have to do is a lightweight windows OS in it for Internet and email and most folks would use it. What are they thinking? do they think gamers are that stupid :shock: :oops: Don't answer that..just read any Bf2142 forums The maturity of 14 years olds..sorry if I offended any 14 year olds out there.
Last edited by Baddad53 on Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baddad53
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Baddad53 »

DMB2000uk wrote:
You could buy a pretty decent sports car for that kind of money. Or, according to Nvidia, you can have 12 mega pixel hi-def video, and a card (actually it's more like a series of cards) that will run every PC game due for release in the next century.
Damn i wish i was a multi-millionaire, how well do quadro cards play games anyway?

Dan
Oh my...aim low:? I would (yea it's off topic :P ) hire the Red Orchestra-ost developers and develop my own game based on the latest engine (Crysis graphics level but better multiplayer play) Why waste it on some personal equipment?
ZhengHe
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by ZhengHe »

Wow, what a monster but what would be the point of it if its not actually useful for anything right now....and just imagine if you dropped that things. I cringe to think about it.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

hahahahahaha

"E-Penis" LOLOLOL Sure hit the right words. Thats all it will do for ya!!