What about Nintendo??

This is the place to hang out and talk about consoles. From game thoughts to hardcore mods feel free to talk about the Microsoft xbox 360 and PS2/PS3 here all you like!
fenriswolfr
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

What about Nintendo??

Post by fenriswolfr »

What's this, only for microsoft and Sony? what about Nintendo. IMO the wii will be the most innovative and fun system coming out. Not to mention it's price tag sure beats the others, no way a guy like me could even think of getting a ps3.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

I totally agree with you dude, but what are you on about ninento being left out?

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

DMB2000uk wrote:I totally agree with you dude, but what are you on about ninento being left out?

Dan
I'm kinda confused by your reply, but what he means is, the lack of 3rd party support. I personally think one problem is Nintendo's decision to make their internet service available to 1st party only for the beginning months.
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Well the 1st party internet AND the fact that the graphics are not even close to the others! It is a mild improvement over the Gamecube, but that is it. I wish they would have spent some money developing a better graphica solution along with the nice controllers and FINALLY good internet support ( hopefully ;) ).

Mike
I think people will flock to buy it, but the graphics are a shame :(. Even my step-daughter was not impressed, and she loves mario crap :)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Yeah, I should have worded my reply better, but I think you got the gist of what I meant. It just seemed to be a rant in response to something I missed?

There's a rumor circulating that Nintendo told all the game devs for the E3 demo's etc, to dumb down the graphics on them, so that it'll be more impressive when it launches. Even though it'll still not be as 'next gen' as the otehrs I hope that it's true.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
tomato
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tomato »

The Nintendo Wii WILL do very, very well this year. It's lower price point and innovative control scheme is just too much to pass up for many gamers... I know that I will be there on launch to try one out ;) :)
"Who' doing what now?"
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

tomato wrote:The Nintendo Wii WILL do very, very well this year. It's lower price point and innovative control scheme is just too much to pass up for many gamers... I know that I will be there on launch to try one out ;) :)
Same here! I want my Zelda at launch for a change! :)
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

The Wii will be the console that has something to offer for everyone. I know tons of people that dont give a crap about Halo but loved playing Zelda on the NES. If you tell even half those people that they can have that and more for under 200 dollars then youve MADE an audience that Microsoft and Sony simply wont be able to tap based on the price of their consoles. A good example of this is my big sister she is the anti geek, she drives a vette, shes a tall blond and she is a stripper but when she was a kid she played Zelda and Mario and Adventure Island. She's gonna love the Wii even though she has no use for either the 360 or PS3.
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

It's all about the sword fights and boxing and pokeball throwing. :lol:

Will definitely be making room for it. May even sell off the 360 to get it. Graphics are nice and everything, but they're nothing if the game is boring as hell. :P
fenriswolfr
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by fenriswolfr »

and I quote

"wii will wii will rock you"
^^
Antec Sonata II 450W
ASUS M2N-SLI AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
512 Corsair DDR2 800 (will up to 2mb)
Seagate 160GB 7200 8MB SATA-300 HD
Dual layer DVD R/W drive
Geforce 6600 (for now, will up to 7900 gtx)
Mortious
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Mortious »

Kerii wrote:It's all about the sword fights and boxing and pokeball throwing. :lol:

Will definitely be making room for it. May even sell off the 360 to get it. Graphics are nice and everything, but they're nothing if the game is boring as hell. :P
Bingo, graphics don't make the game.
Mortious
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Mortious »

HONkUS wrote:The Wii will be the console that has something to offer for everyone. I know tons of people that dont give a crap about Halo but loved playing Zelda on the NES. If you tell even half those people that they can have that and more for under 200 dollars then youve MADE an audience that Microsoft and Sony simply wont be able to tap based on the price of their consoles. A good example of this is my big sister she is the anti geek, she drives a vette, shes a tall blond and she is a stripper but when she was a kid she played Zelda and Mario and Adventure Island. She's gonna love the Wii even though she has no use for either the 360 or PS3.
Not true without pictures :shock:
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

Your right graphics dont make the game, that statement made me wonder why ive spent all my money on my computer. WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING WITH MY LIFE! AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

As for my sister I havent talked to her in a year but for the sake of proving my previous statement I will try and find a picture for you. :roll:
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

HONkUS wrote:Your right graphics dont make the game, that statement made me wonder why ive spent all my money on my computer. WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING WITH MY LIFE! AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

As for my sister I havent talked to her in a year but for the sake of proving my previous statement I will try and find a picture for you. :roll:
Because for most PC games, the graphics are usually used as realistically as possible, which adds to the immersiveness, which adds to the fun.

Seems as though on consoles they're mainly used for fancy special effects that just makes them arcadey, in which case, the graphics don't really add much to the gameplay.

Not exactly the fault of the hardware, but that just seems to be the way it is.
Mortious
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Mortious »

Don't get me wrong I like graphics just as much as the other guy. So with that maybe Ill explain what my idea of a great game is.

For me its replay, if I can play a game multiple times and get enjoyment out of it due to either a very solid story line, or the ability to "adjust" the outcome I can care less about the graphics. I have played games where graphics were non existant (MUDs) and very limited (Stars!) where I continue to go back to them due to the game play.

Painkiller (for the time) had great graphics, all the bells and whistles, but I only played it once, and now the CD is collecting dust.

Prey however for me was a great story initially, but again I may play it one night when Im bored and nothing is on TV.

As for the pic, just giving you hell.
fenriswolfr
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by fenriswolfr »

I play a LOT of RTS namely warcraft III but starcraft as well. SC is nearing a decade, wc3 4 years. Now c'mon they aren't graphics intensive, but they are fun and as addicting as all hell. It's all in the game play, and affordability. Why are these games awesome, because they are cheap, fun, and battle.net is free.
Don't get me wrong, games with sweet graphics, are well, straight up awesome. But...... there's that $600 system price tag and then oh, yeah I forgot.. you probably want to go get your 1080p tv too for it. Since you know, it can support it.

poor college student here. sorry what was that?
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

HONkUS wrote:The Wii will be the console that has something to offer for everyone. I know tons of people that dont give a crap about Halo but loved playing Zelda on the NES. If you tell even half those people that they can have that and more for under 200 dollars then youve MADE an audience that Microsoft and Sony simply wont be able to tap based on the price of their consoles. A good example of this is my big sister she is the anti geek, she drives a vette, shes a tall blond and she is a stripper but when she was a kid she played Zelda and Mario and Adventure Island. She's gonna love the Wii even though she has no use for either the 360 or PS3.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

just thought i would start this thread back up.

I was looking at the wii online with some of my roommates the other day. we are totally getting it for our house when it comes out. The website makes it totally sound sweet. I am looking forward to it coming out...and the price tag is much beter than the 360... and how fun will it be to have to swing the joystick to hit a ball in monkey baseball!?!? Monkeyball is amazing! thought i would let you all know.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
Baddad53
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Baddad53 »

Would you guys stop with the nintendo stuff ...we're trying to focus on the pictures of his sister.
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DeusEx »

i dont know why grown men spend that much time discussing nintendo. =/