x1900xt

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
boozie
Legit User
Legit User

x1900xt

Post by boozie »

can either the 256 or 512 x1900xt run sufficiently w/out an aftermarket cooler if I don't OC? I'm probably going to have it in an armor so generally speaking the cooling will be ok. I'm building a new computer and want to cut funds where I can for the time being. That and i've never built one before so i don't want to mess crap up. seems like all these new cards run hot hot hot

Either way, does anybody know of companies that sell it w/ an aftermarket cooler already attached/ have any reccomendations on a particular company.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

HIS makes a version with a nice cooler
I use a Saphire x1900xtx with the stock cooler. It works well when not overclocking but it makes a bit of noise!

Basically the stock cooler is good enough if your not overclocking!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

would you be willing to go water cooled?
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

The Arctic Cooling Accelero X2 has been a pretty popular choice for the X1900 cards. I am using the Evercool VC-RHC on a X1900GT and it works quite well and is prettymuch silent.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

gvblake22 wrote:The Arctic Cooling Accelero X2 has been a pretty popular choice for the X1900 cards. I am using the Evercool VC-RHC on a X1900GT and it works quite well and is prettymuch silent.
I have the Arctic Cooling Accelero X2 and while it lowers GPU temperatures it increases case temperature and also blows hot air straight down on the 'southbridge' on many popular boards. It didn't make more than a 2-4C difference on my ATI X1900XTX, so not sure it's worth it.
boozie
Legit User
Legit User

Post by boozie »

Apoptosis wrote:would you be willing to go water cooled?
I've never even mounted a cpu soooooo I'm going to say no out of fear that I'll mess up a brand new system/ probably cheaper anyways. I have no doubt that is the superior option, i'm just too nub.