Half Life 2 Release

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Flux
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Half Life 2 Release

Post by Flux »

Do we have a definite date on when HL2 will be released?

I know they started preloading via Steam, but I don't want to download a 1.00 GB file, too much room for corruption and error.

The only dates I found were that preorders will be shipped 11/02 and another site said 9/02. All the rest say Summer 04.

So when?
.exz0r
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by .exz0r »

Theres no exact date, but it did start preloading so I would think somtime this month the latest next month. I hope so anyway.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Well im not about to get my hopes up.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
.exz0r
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by .exz0r »

I know, the way Valve has been the past year who know whats going to happen
bliSSter
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by bliSSter »

i read over at gamespot that valve had sent the final release candidate out to vivendi universal sometime over this past weekend - presumably on friday...this would most likely translate to mean, upon final approval, that HL2 would be good to go gold....
Half-Life 2 submitted to VU

Valve officials confirm that the long-delayed shooter is close to gold status.

After years of missed launch dates and release mishaps, the Half-Life 2 saga is entering its final chapter. Doug Lombardi, Valve's director of marketing, confirmed to GameSpot today that the release candidate for the game has been sent to its publisher, VU Games, for approval. "Yes, the release candidate went to VUG yesterday," he said.

Word of the submission first came via a forum post from Valve CEO Gabe Newell. "The RC went to VU yesterday," read Newell's one-line post on the hl2fallout.com forums. In light of the recent false postings on the site, shacknews.com attempted to confirm the post's authenticity. "Yes. Getting close," Newell responded.

Submission of a release candidate to the publisher is the final step in a game's development. If VU approves the candidate, Half-Life 2 will "go gold" and be sent to the factory for production. No official release date has been set for the game, although online vendors have given it a speculative November ship date.
guess we'll see....

- bliSS
Asus K8N-E Deluxe
Athlon 64 3000+
Corsair XMS Pro XL 1GB
BFG 6800GT
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

last i heard was november... just in time for holiday season!