misconception about the EA company

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

misconception about the EA company

Post by DeusEx »

most people think that EA stands for Electronic Arts which it does not. I just found out that it actually stands for "Incompetent Idiots". Why did they choose EA instead of II is beyond me. Giving a clear picture of what a company stands for is essential for success in business.

Okay so i just ordered BF 2142 via the ea store. I didnt buy the hard copy but used the EA link.. Im used to having games on an account like steam so i thought this might be a good idea. obviously i was wrong.

after the download, the game started but i couldnt connect to the main server and play. i ran the update. Then the game wouldnt even start. I had to redownload, reinstall which apparently didnt fix the problem. I found out that reinstalling EA link actually fixed the problem so i went ahead and did it. Ok so now my game actually opened. Guess what though i still cant connect to the server !! it just displays the message "cd key invalid" . i tried using the cd key check that allows you to view the cd key but that wouldnt even start ! i checked in the registry and found out that the value where my key was supposed to be is blank.. wtf ??? i didnt even get a cd key LOL. so now im communicating with EA , i even have to confirm the last 8 digits of my credit card number to verify that im the owner...

Do urself a favor and either get the hard copy or avoid it all together... :roll:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

too bad the public doesn't know that... Their stock has gone from ~$40 to ~$60 in three months... LOL
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

ya, the only way i would buy the game is on blackfriday when it is half as much...

Its too bad that most of the people who buy the companies stock doesnt play their games.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Don't forget the bundled spyware... :finga:
Joe
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

FZ1 wrote:Don't forget the bundled spyware... :finga:

thats the reason i havent bought it yet....well that and not having any money!
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DeusEx »

well spyware sucks but i wouldnt care that much. spyware doctor finds like 200 entries on my comp anyway. many of u can guess why :oops: . anyway if the game worked id play it... o btw update:

after posting numerous times and almost getting the issue resolved, i logged in today to verify my info so they give me my cd key. the thread that i used to discuss my problem Was GONE.. lmao... so now i posted a new one and im waiting for a response. this is painful to say the least.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

take some screen shots and write an article for LR... I'll post it on the main page on the weekend under editorials... I promise they will hear you really quick.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

as an EA rep would say...i'm sure it is a problem with the settings of your computer. please format your computer and try again...
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
moon111
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by moon111 »

I use to work for a large OEM computer company. Every call you took, you had to 'log' the call. If the # of calls you took didn't match the # of logs you created, you were in trouble. So what employees would do is create a 'dump ticket' on an account. EA just happened to own a computer who's serial number was like 12345678 or 111111... can't remember. If you every tried to bring up that EA 'account', you couldn't do it.
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

I learned my lesson with BF2. I'll never purchase an EA game.
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

Apoptosis wrote:take some screen shots and write an article for LR... I'll post it on the main page on the weekend under editorials... I promise they will hear you really quick.
DeusEx, do you have any updates? I think you should take Apop up on his offer.

I was thinking about about grabbing this game for my nephew to play....after reading this (and many other threads), I'm having second thoughts since I was going to be the one having to do all the installs and maintanance.
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DeusEx »

i was busy with schoolwork lately so i dont know if im in a position to write a review. puppy if you buy bf 2142, get the hard copy and not the one from their online store. Im still hoping i can resolve it with them. :cry:

EDIT: i noticed that if i spam their support by sending the same post to every single section they seem to respond. i guess thats how im going to try to contact them now.

Btw: sorry to say that this game does kick some major butt. At least as much as i could try from the demo. If it worked and they replaced my cd key id ignore the spyware and game it. It really makes u feel as if though u are in the middle of the action.
bhz1
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by bhz1 »

DeusEx wrote:i was busy with schoolwork lately so i dont know if im in a position to write a review. puppy if you buy bf 2142, get the hard copy and not the one from their online store. Im still hoping i can resolve it with them. :cry:

EDIT: i noticed that if i spam their support by sending the same post to every single section they seem to respond. i guess thats how im going to try to contact them now.

Btw: sorry to say that this game does kick some major butt. At least as much as i could try from the demo. If it worked and they replaced my cd key id ignore the spyware and game it. It really makes u feel as if though u are in the middle of the action.
maybe I'll have to try this. My son attempted to purchase BF 2142 but the EA link thinks he purchased Need for Speed. At least he was bright enough to not let the wrong game download and the EA link shows it as "ready to download". My son spent $40 of his own hard earned money and now is without a game. We contacted EA support 3 days ago and have had no response. I know their policy is to disallow refunds on downloaded games, but first of all, my son hit cancel the minute he saw it was the wrong game and 2, they should be able to look into his account and verify that he did not download the game. irregardless, their server screwed up so why should my son have to waste his money (his words) due to their malfunction?
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pcrobot »

I didn't realize that EA had problems like that. I have not tried out their download service, all of their CD or DVD products have worked fine with no problems.

Some people say that download is the way to go, but I just like having the actually hardware in my hands. 8)
cyberneticimplant
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cyberneticimplant »

I've realized EA sucks a lot time ago. I am a soccer fan, and EA has been releasing terrible soccer games since FIFA 99! They are buggy as ****, and constantly crash. They put no effort into the games. If you compare NHL 2003 and FIFA 2003, NHL is actually a decent game, but FIFA is a piece of crap alpha version. They just ignored the soccer fans because they realized they almost had a monopoly on that genre, so they've been releasing crap for the past 8 years. Seriously, I think FIFA 99 was the last good soccer game from EA. If you want a soccer game, do yourself a favour, ignore FIFA, and get Winning Eleven (Pro Evo Soccer).

I also loved the NFS series since the very first one. But they ruined the series with garbage gameplay inspired by the dumbass ricer movies. I think EA makes only cookie-cutter games nowadays for morons who can't realize the games blow because they are too impressed by the hype.

I am never buying another EA game EVER, no matter what they release.

I thought Ubisoft took the cake for Spyware because of Starforce though.
tomato
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tomato »

If I found that I really liked an EA game, I would just wait until 6 months later and/or when the newer version of the game was released the next year, and I can get the game that I wanted for mere pennies compared to the original retail price :P (that is, if I still wanted the game by then ;))
"Who' doing what now?"
bhz1
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by bhz1 »

bhz1 wrote: maybe I'll have to try this. My son attempted to purchase BF 2142 but the EA link thinks he purchased Need for Speed. At least he was bright enough to not let the wrong game download and the EA link shows it as "ready to download". My son spent $40 of his own hard earned money and now is without a game. We contacted EA support 3 days ago and have had no response. I know their policy is to disallow refunds on downloaded games, but first of all, my son hit cancel the minute he saw it was the wrong game and 2, they should be able to look into his account and verify that he did not download the game. irregardless, their server screwed up so why should my son have to waste his money (his words) due to their malfunction?
Update: after sending a second request to Customer support, i received a response. They are sending me a refund! I explained to them that my son did not download the game and they could see that and would disable the incorrect download and refund the credit card! Sometimes things do fall into place.
Bigedmond
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Bigedmond »

I really like 2142, and i got is via the ea link. They send me an email with my cdkey when i paid for mine.
ichibanbaka
Legit User
Legit User

Post by ichibanbaka »

Well for EA
All i can say is that im waiting for Spore
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

After playing the craptastic NHL 2007 I vowed never to buy another EA sports title but then again thats what I said after NHL 98 and NHL 2005 lol.

EA does'nt care about making a quality game anymore they just care about making money and eventually it will be their undoing.