Shut Down on New Built D975XBX2 w E6600- HELP!!!

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
Tony919
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Tony919 »

Hi All,

Bedise all poblems I have as listed on " D975XBX2 Marvell Controller Problem" subject and waiting for next BIOS fix as noted by Apoptosis, my new built PC - with Windows XP SP2 + all updates - keeps shutting down every 5 to 10 minutes. Here is what it shows on the blue window with white letter on it:
"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
(my note: shows different message every time it shuts down)

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new harward or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufactuere for any Windows updates you may need.

If problem continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software.
Diaable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable compoinents, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Techninal information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xBA0072FC, 0X000000001, 0XBA1A770E, 0X00000000)

Begining dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance."
I could be able to reboot without problem and hurry to run Ghost program or any other program, after waiting about 30 minutes, but it keeps shutting down again and again and again. This problem occured way before the Window setup. I monitor the temperaure, it seems to run nomally.

I have not contacted any one yet because I could not isolate where the problem is. Please look at my system and PLEASE HELP!!!

Many thanks in advance.

Here is Tony's system (all came in with retail boxes):

Mother Board: Intel BOXD975XBX2KR
updated to BIOS version: BX97520J-86A-2333-2006-1127-1450
Processor: Intel BX80557E6600SL9S8 (came with Intel fan)
Graphic Card: BFGR7950512GTOCE
Memory: 2MB by OCZP800R22GK
Hard Drives: (2)MAXTOR SATA ultra 16, 300gb sata/150 7200 rpm
(repoted 279.5GB only)
DVD Drive: HP dvd940i DVD Writer
PC Case: ThermalTake XaserV Damier V500C
(with 5 fans running and 3 temperaure sensors)
Power Supply: ANTEC TruePower TRIO - TP3 550W
(I distribute the power cords very evenly)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I have to ask is this a purchased copy of windows or a 'trial' version.

Also how did you setup the hard drives? Are they running RAID? Did you do a full format? NTFS or FAT32?

Cheers

Usually this error is due to a driver conflict or bad hardware... Make sure you have all the right drivers installed and to disable any devices that you are not using.

Here is what microsoft says of the error:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Explanation:

This Stop message occurs when requested data is not found in memory. The system generates a fault, which normally indicates that the system looks for data in the paging file. In this circumstance, however, the missing data is identified as being located within an area of memory that cannot be paged out to disk. The system faults, but cannot find, the data and is unable to recover. Faulty hardware, a buggy system service, antivirus software, and a corrupted NTFS volume can all generate this type of error.

User Action:

This Stop message usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, either main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM). If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. Run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owners manual for your computer. Another cause of this Stop message is the installation of a buggy system service. Disable the service and determine if this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-mode menu that displays the operating system choices. At the resulting Windows XP Advanced Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time. Antivirus software can also trigger this Stop message. Disable the program and determine if this resolves the error. If it does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update. A corrupted NTFS volume can also generate this Stop message. Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. Restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition. If the hard disk is SCSI, check for problems between the SCSI controller and the disk. Finally, check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver causing the error. Disabling memory caching of the BIOS might also resolve it. For more troubleshooting information about this Stop message, refer to the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/support
Tony919
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Tony919 »

Hi Admin,

System was set Native IDE because Windows setup keep saying that it could not find any hardrive when I selected RAID0 for these 2 hard-drives. The HD's were format with NTFS during purchased Windows installation. I run chkdsk, stress test from Intel Desktop Utilities, some time it passes 4 minutes test if I run soon enough. BTW - I did try but do not know how to diasble memory caching in BIOS. And here are other messages:
BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
BAD_POOL_CALLER

Thanks for fast reponse,

Tony
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

when installing windows did you hit f6 to install the raid driver? Also you didn't answer the question if this was a legit version of XP or if it was a "trail" version.
Tony919
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Tony919 »

It was a legit version and I selected Native IDE because Windows did not see any hard drive when I choose RAID0, but I hit F6 to install 3rd party SCSI or RAID driver anyway.
DaddyRabbit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Shut Down on New Built D975XBX2 w E6600- HELP!!!

Post by DaddyRabbit »

Tony919 wrote:Hi Admin,

System was set Native IDE because Windows setup keep saying that it could not find any hardrive when I selected RAID0 for these 2 hard-drives. The HD's were format with NTFS during purchased Windows installation. I run chkdsk, stress test from Intel Desktop Utilities, some time it passes 4 minutes test if I run soon enough. BTW - I did try but do not know how to diasble memory caching in BIOS. And here are other messages:
BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
BAD_POOL_CALLER

Thanks for fast reponse,

Tony
Two things that come to mind are the PSU and RAM. For my Corsair the board by default undervolts the RAM. Try to run with just one stick of RAM, if it still fails try the other stick alone. Also check your voltages in BIOS. I would not mess with any other settings in BIOS just yet as it is easy to really futz things up if you set timings and/or voltages too agressively. (I have become intimately familiar with the BIOS reset jumper since Xmas ;) )

As for the RAID, are you connecting the drives to the Marvel or Intel controller?

EDIT - Just noticed that you are running the 2333 BIOS, have you tried updating to the 2395 BIOS? That might help.
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
Core i7 2600k
Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler
8gig (2x4) G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600
Powercolor HD5870 PCS+
OCZ Agility 2 240G SSD (boot, programs, games)
WD Caviar Black 1TB (Data)
CM UCP RS700-AAAAA3 700W 80+ Silver PSU
CM Storm Sniper
Gateway FHD2400
Win 7 Pro 64bit