THE OFFICIAL 2007 NHL ALL STAR GAME THREAD

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

THE OFFICIAL 2007 NHL ALL STAR GAME THREAD

Post by HONkUS »

Im starting it. So there.

On Saturday they had all the NHL trophies at North Parks Mall in Dallas along with a custom NHL themed Chopper from Orange County Choppers (American Chopper), My dad and I drove out to check it out and I got my picture taken with the Cup! That was seriously number one on my list of things to do before I die and it was the happiest day of my life! I even got to touch it!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by HONkUS on Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hainer36
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hainer36 »

sorry to burst your bubble, but thats not the real cup, there is a replica for fan outings and for the HHOF (i was fooled too)

but man i wish i could be there tonight and tomorrow night, will be watching for sure
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

If that was the case then I guess all the other trophies there were fake too which is highly unlikely. Further more there were two police officers and the guys with the white gloves.

It was the real deal.
Last edited by HONkUS on Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

well i did some research and it seems you were partially right, turns out the one that travels is real and the one at the hall if fake but only when the real one is with the players or making appearances:
Wait -- it gets even more confusing. If you've been to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto, Ontario, to see the Stanley Cup, you might not have seen the real Stanley Cup. Each year, every player on the winning cup team gets to spend one day with the trophy. In addition, the cup travels 250 days per year to charity events and NHL promotional activities. When the cup is out, yet another replica takes its place in the hall. How can you tell the difference? The real cup has about a dozen misspelled names, like the name of goalie Jacques Plante, and the word Boston in the 1972 engraving. All the errors are corrected on the replica.
This is per http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/hockey6.htm
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

even still, thats pretty cool.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

very cool... Just tell people it was for sure the real cup ;)
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

if you can drink out of it......its a cup
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

Last night the Eastern Conference Young Stars beat the Western Conference Young Stars 9-8. It was a thrashing up until the last 5 minutes when the West came back to make it a game but they still ended up falling short.

Here is a write up of the Young Stars Game
And here is one of the Super Skills Competition that the East also won :-(

For those that are interested anyway ;-)

The 55th Annual NHL All Star game is tonight at 7pm CST on Versus (formerly OLN) Live from the American Airlines Center in Dallas Texas!

WOOHOO! GO TEXAS!
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

I read an article stating that the young stars game was a joke... no real competition, almost like a practice session. I did not see the game, it was just a opinion article of the game.

10 minutes till the game starts. i got to leave work!!
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

yeah the young stars game was just a bunch of cherry picking and pretty goals. Still the goals were nice although Peter Budaj sucked lol.

Tonight though the West won 12-9 and its was pretty good, they had the goalies mic'ed up and were talking to them during play it was interesting lol, Brian Rolston shattered Martin Brodeur's transmitter with a nasty slap shot!

Here is a write up!
hainer36
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hainer36 »

good to see modano dropping the puck, and the great ovation that the texas govenor got :P (they boo'd him)

cant wait til modano comes back, only 5 goals from magic number 500
cyberneticimplant
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cyberneticimplant »

I think the voting was rigged by the NHL because Rory Fitzpatrick didn't make it.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

i got bored after the 2nd period... No hitting and no slap shots... I understand why, but it makes for somewhat of a boring game.
hainer36
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hainer36 »

cyberneticimplant wrote:I think the voting was rigged by the NHL because Rory Fitzpatrick didn't make it.
YOUR JOKING RIGHT?!?!

i say that the voting was good, theres no way he should even be considered to be in the all-star game, let alone if the would let him in any NHL building.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

well it is a popular voting system. Under those circumstances you gotta allow for oddities.

Just look at governors Schwarzenegger and Ventura :)
tomato
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tomato »

The Rookie game was pretty boring... sorry, but they all looked like they wanted to be anywhere but on the ice :evil: :roll:

Skill competitions were ok, but nothing very exciting...

All-Star Game was good (I missed the 1st and 1/2 of the 2nd period), but I enjoyed what I saw... but the NHL MUST DITCH the mid-week All-Star time spot... what was up with that? :roll:
"Who' doing what now?"
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

Yeah the midweek is horrible! it definatley needs to be on a weekend. Especially considering ratings were down 76%!!!
tomato
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tomato »

Wow, I didn't realize that the ratings took such a big hit.... :shock: That'll learn'um (I hope) :roll:
"Who' doing what now?"