Newegg Order Processing

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
rocktrout
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Newegg Order Processing

Post by rocktrout »

Anyone else get frustrated with Newegg's order processing time? They say 12-24 hours, but that is from the time they actually process your credit card. I ordered last Friday, but they just processed the card this afternoon and indicated it would be another 12-24 hours before it's shipped. I guess I hate living at the end of the UPS delivery chain. :evil:
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

Its hit and miss now days with newegg but for the most part all of mine have been proccessed and shipped in 24 hrs. I guess it also depends on the time of day you order it. late night/early morning usually seems to get it processed the next day or that day. If you order mid day they won't get to it until the next day probably.
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

I just ordered some flash memory from them last week and had no issues. The credit card was processed about 4 hours after I placed the order.

In your situation... remember that it is 12-24 hours during the business week. Newegg, like most companies does not do much business on the weekends. I don't know what time on Friday you placed your order, but Monday is just the next business day... Seems reasonable to me with the information you provided.

I do know the waiting game is frustrating when you want your uber new parts yesterday! :)
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

if you ordered it late enough on friday, they never got to process it, they don't work Saturday or Sunday. So I'd wager to bet, it wasn't seen till today.
rocktrout
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by rocktrout »

I'll admit I'm a bit impatient at this point! I did order around 10am last Friday, but the card wasn't processed until today. I paid the extra $3.99 for the rush processing, but I don't think it kicked it. I'm sure they are busy and I do like Newegg. I was hoping to get the beast built this weekend. Guess I'll need to go fishing.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

next time, check Zipzoomfly. 2 Day shipping is 2$, almost all there items have free shipping (Fedex Ground). For the most part they are cheaper than the egg, but offer less selection.
jtm55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by jtm55 »

Hi All,

I've never had a problem with NewEgg. They've always processed my orders in a timely manner.
Pengwin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Pengwin »

dicecca112 wrote:next time, check Zipzoomfly. 2 Day shipping is 2$, almost all there items have free shipping (Fedex Ground). For the most part they are cheaper than the egg, but offer less selection.
it took zipzoom 4 days to process my order, not buying from them again,

new egg has processed my orders same day everytime, im actually at step 5 in like 3 hours max
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

most likely it was your credit card. But every order is different.
rocktrout
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by rocktrout »

It appears all my yacking has paid off. My order zoomed to Level 5 status. IE the order has been shipped. Not including the weekend, it took about 30 hours to go from order entry to shipping. Not bad....

So who is going to be around this weekend to answer my BIOS questions? :lol:
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

I think we'll all be here, or most at least.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Ken, Myself, Nate are always around. I for one have no life, and am most of the time, doing homework, god damn college
rocktrout
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by rocktrout »

dicecca112 wrote:Ken, Myself, Nate are always around. I for one have no life, and am most of the time, doing homework, god damn college
Do you have plans to be a software developer after college? If so, life doesn't change all that much... Take it from a 40 something and enjoy college now.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

actually I do, good guess. lets put it this way. Without getting to nitty gritty, I hate my roommates, I hate the people here, except for a select few, I hate the food, the housing is terrible. Its like being back in High School. I relish the opportunity to get paid to do a job I love, live on my own, with nobody to care about other than myself.
rocktrout
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by rocktrout »

dicecca112 wrote:actually I do, good guess. lets put it this way. Without getting to nitty gritty, I hate my roommates, I hate the people here, except for a select few, I hate the food, the housing is terrible. Its like being back in High School. I relish the opportunity to get paid to do a job I love, live on my own, with nobody to care about other than myself.
Sorry to hear it. I realize that certain aspects of college can be very difficult. Hang in there and feel free to ask me any questions about software development, etc.
Maxtron
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Maxtron »

rocktrout wrote:It appears all my yacking has paid off. My order zoomed to Level 5 status. IE the order has been shipped. Not including the weekend, it took about 30 hours to go from order entry to shipping. Not bad....

So who is going to be around this weekend to answer my BIOS questions? :lol:
I've messed around with BIOS somewhat, could give you a few pointers if you need em :)
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

Has anyone actually tried the "Rush Processing" for like $3?

I ordered all my parts for my new build on a Saturday afternoon, so I knew nothing would happen until Monday anyway. Shipped Monday, UPS 3 Day Select.

Monitor arrived on Wednesday, the rest arrived on Thursday. Guess I can't complain too much about the service.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

doesn't do ****, other than lighten your wallet 3$
The Black Pumpkin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by The Black Pumpkin »

I usually get good service through Newegg. One time I made the mistake of paying with a money order though, and the USPS took about a week and a half to get it there. :axe:

I was going insane, as it was for my monitor! :evil:
AMD Opteron 1224SE "Santa Ana" = DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G
Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB DDR2 800 = Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Sapphire 4870 1GB = Sceptre X20WG-Naga 20" = Logitech X-530 5.1
Seagate 320GB (SATA II) x2 = Samsung SH-S203B (SATA)
Maxtron
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Maxtron »

actually yeah, I always had good newegg delivery dates and such, until they switched to UPS (from fed-ex). First UPS order i did, they put my new monitor on the wrong train (who still uses trains?) and sent it 1/2 way across the country. Shipped from California, i live in Idaho. bad experiences ftl. but overall, Newegg service ftw