Newegg Order Processing

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

thing that baffled me the most is that my parts shipped from 3 different warehouses. Memphis, Cali and New Jersey. I don't understand why all "fast moving" parts wouldn't be stored in each warehouse. It's not like I ordered anything obscure.
rocktrout
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by rocktrout »

DaIceMan wrote:thing that baffled me the most is that my parts shipped from 3 different warehouses. Memphis, Cali and New Jersey. I don't understand why all "fast moving" parts wouldn't be stored in each warehouse. It's not like I ordered anything obscure.
My stuff is coming from Cali and Memphis. Strange mix to say the least. The Mobo from one site and the CPU from the other...
The Black Pumpkin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by The Black Pumpkin »

Mine wasn't a ups problem, it was a mail problem getting the money order to Newegg in the first place. :roll:
AMD Opteron 1224SE "Santa Ana" = DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G
Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB DDR2 800 = Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Sapphire 4870 1GB = Sceptre X20WG-Naga 20" = Logitech X-530 5.1
Seagate 320GB (SATA II) x2 = Samsung SH-S203B (SATA)
tomato
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tomato »

Since you ordered your component on a friday, you can't expect the order to be fully processed until the following monday, as it would've been the next business day... Please have some patience, it was only a few days...
"Who' doing what now?"
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

We had ordered a Corsair microSD (transflash) card for my son's SliderSonic cell phone from NewEgg on a Thursday night. The credit card was processed on Monday in the afternoon.

The shipping was 1-day late coming out of their Nashville warehouse. I wasn't in a great big hurry, so I chose the standard 5-7 day UPS ground shipping for about $2.

Some things are slower while other things are a day early. Give or take where it ships from.

I've been happy with NewEgg overall. I would give it 4 out of 5 stars. :mrgreen:

We've ordered from Directron as well. They are another on-line order house like NewEgg. Just compare their prices first.

I've had co-workers and friends who have had issues with RMA's and products from TigerDirect and ZipZoomFly. Be very careful to read if the product says new and/or refurbished. Sometimes the refurbished is missing parts.
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
Inshali
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Inshali »

I have had great service even this week orderd a dvd burner and the card was processed in less than 15 min
Cypher
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Cypher »

I've never had any problems with NewEgg, that wasn't caused by problems on my end.

75% of my orders have shipped same day, the other 25% shipped the next day because they were ordered later in the evening.

Been a happy NewEgg customer for the past 5 years.

ZipZoomFly usually takes 1-2 days to fully process my order before it's shipped out. Some things are cheaper than NewEgg, but they also don't have as much. If I don't mind the wait to get a cheaper price, I'll order with ZFF.

TigerDirect I will never order from ever again. I've had to RMA everything I've ever gotten from them atleast once. Apparently their warehouse guys get bored and like to play with screwdrivers. I ordered a motherboard a few years back and it arrived with puncture holes on the motherboard box, and the board was scratched to hell. Yet, the UPS shipping box was 100% undamaged.
Facebook | Linux Systems Administrator | Web and Software Developer | Microsoft Certified Professional

"Wielding power untouched by mortal man."
rocktrout
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by rocktrout »

Looks like everything is set to arrive tomorrow, so despite all my complaining, Newegg is coming through as expected.

Now wish me luck. I haven't built a full computer from scratch since the 486 days! :)
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I've had great luck with Newegg lately after they opened their Nashville warehouse, parts normally get her in 2 days with 3 day shipping.......... 8)
Gamble
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Gamble »

Well I ordered my PSU from Tigerdirect, (11:30 AM) and it was on my doorstep the next day. Don't know how it happened, I live in SE Iowa....

As for Newegg, I think that sometimes they just have a little trouble dealing with all the orders that come through. Why can't it just be a few button clicks and the guys at the warehouse have an extra motherboard to ship? I'll give it a few years.
Once a gamer,
Always a gamer.
Rock on.
-Gamble
tonman23
Legit User
Legit User

Post by tonman23 »

I love Newegg, they've always been faster than expected and their customer service is great. I return a cd-burner that went bad after 11 months and they gave me my money back! Same with my Asus motherboard. 1 week before the year end it went bad and they refunded my money!
Bigedmond
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Bigedmond »

I feel this way with zipzoomfly now. I just ordered a e6600 thursday, and today, it finaly got packed. I would normally order thursday from them, and get it tuesday. Now they arent even mailing it to tuesday.
blitzkrieg1110
Legit User
Legit User

Post by blitzkrieg1110 »

I know there have been some complaints against newegg in recent months, but the majority of my orders there have been extremely fast and usual newegg quality (with that I mean good quality lol).

I've ordered so many parts from there the past couple months......
DFI Lanparty SLI-DR Expert
Opteron 170 (messing with OC currently)
ATI x1950 Pro PCI-e 256mb
Corsair ValueSelect 2x1gb PC3200
Westinghouse 22" Widescreen LCD
Antec NeoHE 550w