ATI DX10 R600 Pictures Have Been Leaked

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ATI DX10 R600 Pictures Have Been Leaked

Post by Apoptosis »

Production Version!
Last edited by Apoptosis on Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you will have to buy a car for that to fit in!!!!

But seriously, a case for that to fit in will probably be as much as the card.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Dragon_Cooler wrote:YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No kidding on this one -- I'm shocked they leaked these the card was at CES and no one leaked it then, so why now? Oh wait NVIDIA has a new part coming out next week. Planned leak anyone? :ANAL:

The pics were leaked on fx57.net, but then Overclockers ripped them and published a story on it.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

Apoptosis wrote:
Dragon_Cooler wrote:YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No kidding on this one -- I'm shocked they leaked these the card was at CES and no one leaked it then, so why now? Oh wait NVIDIA has a new part coming out next week. Planned leak anyone? :ANAL:
no, never...

its kinda like when they show a celebrity on TV at some really big sporting event (ie superbowl and david spade). it just so happens that the person has a new movie or TV show coming out (ie "rules of engagement").
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

one thing is for sure that thing is huge and ugly, think they could at least make it a bit smaller and possibly more aesthetic before releasing it, the x1950xtx looked nice and clean. I mean it isn't the final product by any means I hope.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I bet Danger Den and Swiftech are jumping up and down that these cards are coming out... I mean at at 12.4" long it's just crazy long... Take the fan off and water cool it then you have a mean/lean 9.5" card that makes a 8800GTX look huge.

This is why there will be the water-cooled version.

The fan is made by Millennium Electronics Inc and is rated at 2.00 Amp with a power draw of ~24W, which is a beefy fan! The model number is FW1297-AP084F for those that want to look it up. The UL number is E145724 and the other number on the label shows MT3-10246.
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

yeah but if you want to lan with it you don't exactly want to water cool it. unless its self contained and even then i'd be scared.
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

I'm not sure it's long enough :shock:

Jeez..it's got a handle for carrying...
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
Razorbacx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Razorbacx »

That thing is ridiculously huge. Kind of like the John Holmes of Video Cards. Will something that big actually fit into a standard case or will one have to perform modifications prior to installing?
Cypher
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Cypher »

Wow. That thing is HUGE.

The power connectors, I'm assuming thats what they're for, look a bit awkward with both being a different size.

What kind of power does that beast of a video card pull?
Facebook | Linux Systems Administrator | Web and Software Developer | Microsoft Certified Professional

"Wielding power untouched by mortal man."
SAMSAMHA
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by SAMSAMHA »

MY GOD, does this come with a special case for it:).
Racerboyf1
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Racerboyf1 »

Don't let my wife see this one. I've been telling her that twelve inches looked like this

...........................................................................................................
Hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
R_Thor
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by R_Thor »

Maybe with this large dimensions of this card, ATI/AMD will be the first to make use of the PCI Express external cableing you can read about here:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1 ... 593,00.asp

any thoughts?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Cypher wrote:Wow. That thing is HUGE.

The power connectors, I'm assuming thats what they're for, look a bit awkward with both being a different size.

What kind of power does that beast of a video card pull?
~270W for the 12" and 240W for the 9.5"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

R_Thor wrote:Maybe with this large dimensions of this card, ATI/AMD will be the first to make use of the PCI Express external cableing you can read about here:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1 ... 593,00.asp

any thoughts?
NVIDIA has already done that with their Quadro series and both ATI and NVIDIA have developed external SLI and Crossfire units for R&D testing. I think it's too early now for external GPU's for the highend market...

People already have two monitors, a keyboard/mouse, a case, an external water cooler and now they are expected to have external graphic cards? I think that's asking a bit too much -- people are going to buy an XBOX 360 for under $400 and play it with wireless controllers from the couch... hehe
cyberneticimplant
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cyberneticimplant »

DFI released their ATI Crossfire Xpress 3200 (RD600) chipset board a while ago. It looks like a nice board.
jazkat
Legit User
Legit User

Post by jazkat »

nice card i must say but all the versions of the r600 are 9.5 inch the extra few inches come from the air cooler upon official release the r600 will have a different water cooled system that actual card is no bigger than my x1950xtx i agree it looks ugly at the moment but when its comes out it will look awesome i bet.

remember this card is only for developers to play with so it doesnt have to look fancy but i bet the performance of the official card when its released will be mind blowing.
Gamble
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Gamble »

When is it coming out again? Does anyone know if there will be a mid-range release to begin with? I would really love to drop one of these into my system......
Once a gamer,
Always a gamer.
Rock on.
-Gamble
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Gamble wrote:When is it coming out again? Does anyone know if there will be a mid-range release to begin with? I would really love to drop one of these into my system......
According to The Inq - sometime next month.

In their exact words:
The launch will happen in Amsterdam in a run-up to CeBIT
hainer36
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hainer36 »

did they mash down a XP-120 for the heatsink, what the hell is thier problems, i doubt many of us could even fit that in our cases