Need For Speed Carbon: Collectors Edition

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
xXx Duffy xXx
Legit User
Legit User

Need For Speed Carbon: Collectors Edition

Post by xXx Duffy xXx »

:shock: Let me start out my saying....this game is SIIIIIICK.

Downloaded a copy to see if I would like it. Sure enough...LOVED IT. Loved it so much, that I ditched the pirated copy, and picked me up a legit one :P

To be honest...I dont normally do that. This game just floored me.

Storyline was weak. But the gameplay was worth it. Drifting is back baby :)

Anyhoo...I sat down for a good solid 6-7 hours strraight, and beat the game. Didnt even get up to eat or take a leak :P

If you havent played it... I advise you to go out and get it :)
<Still>
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

You wouldnt happen to work for EA would you? :) Seriously though if they want me to buy it they need a Trans-AM :supz:
xXx Duffy xXx
Legit User
Legit User

Post by xXx Duffy xXx »

Who said I bought it :|
<Still>
funkflex
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast
Location: Country: Bulgaria , City: Lukovit , Postal Code: 5770 , Street: Makedonska 8

Post by funkflex »

I hate NFS Carbon :x It's aways about the cars fashion :roll: It isn't a real simulator anymore :cry: NFS 4 and 6 was the best from the series :P . But sometimes everyone need to put a spoiler and to the easy drifting :mrgreen:
Athlon64 2800+ Clawhammer, 2x256 Kingston DDR400 , 1x512 PQI DDR400 , LG Flatron F700B , Epox 8KDA3 , GeForce FX5200 Manli 64bit :(
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

story is really really weak. I got a copy for Christmas good, game I played it for about 2 weeks, couldn't beat the final boss, so I lost interest
funkflex
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast
Location: Country: Bulgaria , City: Lukovit , Postal Code: 5770 , Street: Makedonska 8

Post by funkflex »

yeah that game sucks hard :mrgreen: nothing looks like a real car :x
Athlon64 2800+ Clawhammer, 2x256 Kingston DDR400 , 1x512 PQI DDR400 , LG Flatron F700B , Epox 8KDA3 , GeForce FX5200 Manli 64bit :(
snowking03
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by snowking03 »

It's just canned off NFS2 and nothing notable enough for me to purchase or even download.

I'm really just psyched about the new project gotham whenever it comes out.

I still have yet to play forza 2 for 360, although I hear it's amazing.
Rigs:
AMD 3400+ Claw, DFI NF3 250GB, 1GB XMS3200 2-2-2-5, 9800 Pro, 2x80GB WD HDD Raid0, 320GB External
Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo, Test Pipe, WB02, Boost controller, EGR delete, Autometer Cobalts, etc.
Zenphic
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Zenphic »

Man, I was going to go buy a copy of this game during Spring Break. Now that I've read your comments, I'll skip this game. Which NFS game would you recommend me guys?
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

I haven't played Carbon, but I had a blast playing Most Wanted. I need to load that up on the new machine and give it another run. I was at the last guy on my old machine when my hard drive flaked out. grrr!
cyberneticimplant
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cyberneticimplant »

It isn't a real simulator anymore
It was never a simulator. The closest it got to a simulator was NFS5. Which was a balance of simulation and arcade. It even had the tire, and wind noise at high speeds. However, they got rid of the ability to drive a police car, and if you don't like Porsche there is no point. So, they improved on some things, but completely ignored others.

I honestly wouldn't advise on getting any NFS game. Unless you want to play a game where you drive a neon green Honda Civic that handles like a cardboard box. You can download NFS1. If you don't mind the old graphics it's fun.
Mad_Goku
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Mad_Goku »

Yeah I haven't even played this game to know how bad it is. They've just gotten carried away, too much into the flashy rides than into the actual gameplay and likeability.
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8ghz
Asus P8P67 PRO
ATI 5870
8 GB G-Skill Ripjaw X 1600 @ 7-8-7-24
120gb G-Skill Sniper SSD