Are you smarter than a fifth grader?

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Are you smarter than a fifth grader?

Post by bubba »

Did any one watch this new game show? Its a dumbed down version of 'who wants to be a millionaire', but the twist is that all questions are from 5th grade textbooks, and your life lines are help from a panel of 5th graders.

The sad part is, the lady I was watching on the show STRUGGLED on some of the questions.

I liked it, it was a fun show that I could set down with the kids and play along.
Last edited by bubba on Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
cyberneticimplant
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cyberneticimplant »

They obviously don't have any Science/Math/Engineering majors on the show. :lol:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I saw the lady tonight say that the border with Mexico is longer than the one with Canada... After seeing that I flipped it because I thought I was getting dumber.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

How about the one where she had to stop and think what the closest star to the planet Earth was.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I saw her answer that one - that was the question before the border... I didn't see a pause -- man oh man
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

I watch Jeopardy and am usually quite good at getting the questions, so I'd like to think I could answer those 5th grade questions. :)
Mad_Goku
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Mad_Goku »

slugbug wrote:I watch Jeopardy and am usually quite good at getting the questions, so I'd like to think I could answer those 5th grade questions. :)
Hey some of those questions are tough, they at least get you thinking.....
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

when the lady the other night spent like 5-6 minutes answering what ship the pilgrims sailed to America on... it reminded of just how stupid some people in this world are (co-workers included. :) )
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

I saw a few minutes of the episode last night.... I can see it as a game show that parents can watch with their elementary kids and have fun answering the questions together... But its not for me.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
moon111
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by moon111 »

School is tougher then when I went. The periodic tables for example were something I remember seeing once in highschool. You crammed enough in your head to get an A on the test then never thought of the subject for another twenty years. How someone in the first 5 grades know this stuff is beyond me. Although, when someone doesn't know ANYTHING...that's kinda funny.
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

I gotta agree the show is a waste of time (my time at least) but I find it kinda ironic that bubba misspelled fifth in the title of the post... :ohsnap:
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Alathald wrote:I gotta agree the show is a waste of time (my time at least) but I find it kinda ironic that bubba misspelled fifth in the title of the post... :ohsnap:
ROFLMAO

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

:ohsnap:

:oops:

Fixed it, HEY why didn't anyone else say something :lol:
The Black Pumpkin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by The Black Pumpkin »

We wanted you to think you were smarter than a fifth grader. 8)
AMD Opteron 1224SE "Santa Ana" = DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G
Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB DDR2 800 = Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Sapphire 4870 1GB = Sceptre X20WG-Naga 20" = Logitech X-530 5.1
Seagate 320GB (SATA II) x2 = Samsung SH-S203B (SATA)
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

I'm a college grad and I seriously can't answer nearly half the questions. Most of what you learn in school is forgotten within a short amount of time, unless you have a photographic memory, which most of us don't.

It just doesn't seem like grade school material. Jeff Foxworthy is the host? :rolleyes:

It's yet another game show...BIG DEAL!
moon111
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by moon111 »

I'd like to see a show where they ask Americans about Canada V.S. Canadians asked about the U.S. That was funny when they had the U.S. Ambassador to Canada offering his congratations to the new Prime Minister, Mr. Poutine.
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

bubba wrote:How about the one where she had to stop and think what the closest star to the planet Earth was.
Not counting the sun, Alpha Centuri....
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

DaIceMan wrote:when the lady the other night spent like 5-6 minutes answering what ship the pilgrims sailed to America on... it reminded of just how stupid some people in this world are (co-workers included. :) )

Remember she can vote.
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Tim Burton wrote:
bubba wrote:How about the one where she had to stop and think what the closest star to the planet Earth was.
Not counting the sun, Alpha Centuri....
I think the Sun was the answer if I remember correctly (watched a few minutes) BTW Alpha Centauri is actually three stars with Proxima Centauri being the closest single star in the system...just went though an astronomy course at the local community college :rolleyes:
skier

Post by skier »

that show makes a lot of people look really stupid, these people are a disgrace to watch, but it is addicting to watch how stupid these people really are
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups