Bad Axe 2 Issue - Sata Controller driver

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
Dilbertic
Legit User
Legit User

Bad Axe 2 Issue - Sata Controller driver

Post by Dilbertic »

I just built my new system and Ihave a Bad Axe 2 MB with newest Bios.

I have a Q6600 installed and Windows Vista 64 Ulti version

Device manager shows the driver is not installed for the Sata Controller, I have 3 drives attacheed to the Black Sata ports, 1 Raptor and 2 250gb Sata I drives.

I tried the drivers on the intel site, bit it doesnt seem to install the Sata Driver, I tried the CD again and the drivers on the Floppy disk which told me would work on this OS.

Anyone know where or how to install the Sata Controller driver or is it a Set up issue in bios. I have it set to IDE and I have tried Native and Leg, nothing works :(

Thanks,

Dil
DaddyRabbit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaddyRabbit »

Try setting it to AHCI or RAID vs. IDE. You can install the RAID driver without actually having a RAID setup. This also enables AHCI and allows you to setup a RAID array later without re-installing.

I don't have Vista but I think it works the same way as XP in this regard.
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
Core i7 2600k
Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler
8gig (2x4) G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600
Powercolor HD5870 PCS+
OCZ Agility 2 240G SSD (boot, programs, games)
WD Caviar Black 1TB (Data)
CM UCP RS700-AAAAA3 700W 80+ Silver PSU
CM Storm Sniper
Gateway FHD2400
Win 7 Pro 64bit
Dilbertic
Legit User
Legit User

RE

Post by Dilbertic »

I will try the AHCI or Raid, I know when I selected them just messing around my system wouldn't boot.

Thanks,

Dil
IRQ Conflict
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Do you have to install the RAID/AHCI drivers when installing vista like you do with XP?
-Rampage- Motherboard: Asus Rampage Formula CPU: Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz Cooling: OCZ Vendetta 2 Ram: 4GB OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500 5-5-5-15 @ 540Mhz Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB/4x 500GB Barracuda 7200.11 Raid 0 Power Supply: PC P&C Silencer 750 Quad Case: Antec P180B Monitor: Syncmaster 245T OS: Vista 64bit
Dilbertic
Legit User
Legit User

RE Raid

Post by Dilbertic »

If you are using the Sata raid ports colored ones, you should install the raid drivers via F6 upon install.

Intel TS wrote me back and said if your using the black ports Vista has the built in, if your using the Raid ( Color Ports ) then you need to install the raid drivers.

They said if I am not using the raid ports to turn them off in Bios which will disable the device and it wont show up as a Uninstalled item.

Dil

They need better Docs on this stuff