ABIT IC7-MAX3 Memory Issue! HELP!

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ABIT IC7-MAX3 Memory Issue! HELP!

Post by Apoptosis »

I've been running the ABIT IC7-MAX3 with Beta BIOS 12 and have noticed some issues when running 2.9V and above. Anyone else out there having the same issues? If you are let me know as it will help the review on the board and I can pester ABIT to get it fixed if it is only BIOS related!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Just got BIOS 13 Beta1 and will check it out here in a few days...problem solved I hope...
pastorjay
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by pastorjay »

This seems to be a common issue with this board. How is the new bios working?

PJ
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Just got in some Mushkin DDR500 memory so once I finish some i865PE testing I'll toss the ABIT back in and let ya know!
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

Hi,
I got news for you, remember news is rarley good!
The IC7-MAX3 has problems with VTT and vDIMM over 2.8v. VTT is the DDR termination voltage and is always half of vDIMM. Now on the MAX3, VTT is half all the way to 2.8, above that it fluctuates, for example @ 2.9V VTT is 1.3, @ 3v it is 1.35!

Another problem is vDIMM fluctuations, vDIMM rarley stays at what its meant to over 2.8v but fluctuates wildly. When u set it to 3.1v it is more likley between 3v and 3.2v.

Fortunatley there are mods to fix this, which can be seen in this thread in the abit forums.

Instructions for the mods are avialable here!!

Good luck! :)