Aerocool Zero Degree ATX Computer Case

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Legit Reviews brings you a look at the Aerocool Zero Degree, which is one of the more recent computer cases from Aerocool. This case is aimed at gamers and enthusiasts that are looking for great cooling. The Aerocool Zero Degree is different from most standard ATX computer cases as the motherboard actually mounts upside down. Read on to see if this case is right for you!

Article Title: Aerocool Zero Degree ATX Computer Case
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/484/1/
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Nice looking case, bit big for my needs though.
Just one question, Ive always wondered why people put PSUs in the bottom of cases, to me it makes more sense to put it at the top because heat rises.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Alathald wrote:Nice looking case, bit big for my needs though.
Just one question, Ive always wondered why people put PSUs in the bottom of cases, to me it makes more sense to put it at the top because heat rises.
With this design no heat from a PSU comes into the case... It sucks the air in from outside (under the case on the Zero Degree) and then blows it right out the back. Basically the PSU is acting as a sealed unit not impacting the case temperature or airflow when done like this. It has pros and cons.

A cooling fan or holes in the top of this case might help a bit, but the 250mm side fan really helps move the air at the top of the case.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

It's a decent looking box but my point of contention still remains. Anyone who is going to put a window in thier case would love to have the interior annodized like the exterior. I don't want a winow into gunmetal grey. Other than that, it seems to be a solid product. NICE fan.
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

not a bad case, just different. first case i've heard of in a long time that mounts the mobo upside down
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

Great case as I like the feature of the hardware being mounted in a BTX style however I don't like the lack of any HD cooling.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pcrobot »

Great review, the case inside looks and sounds pretty much like my Aerocool Coolview.

They make good cases!
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

Apop... did you happen to take any pics of the "back side" with the mobo installed? I was wondering where that big hole in the mobo tray is and whether you would be able to route cables through it.

Also, is there room to mount the hard drives in "backwards" with the cables on the back side so that they aren't seen or is the space between the drives and the back panel too tight for that?
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Here is a shot of the hole... Not sure how easily you could route cables through it... It would be tight and everything would have to be run before the board is installed.

as for the hard drives -- no matter what direction they are installed they would be the same length, so not sure it matters...
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

werty316 wrote:Great case as I like the feature of the hardware being mounted in a BTX style however I don't like the lack of any HD cooling.
Think 250mm side fan :P

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

Apoptosis wrote:Here is a shot of the hole... Not sure how easily you could route cables through it... It would be tight and everything would have to be run before the board is installed.

as for the hard drives -- no matter what direction they are installed they would be the same length, so not sure it matters...
I was thinking if the hole were close enough to the edge of the mobo, you might run the 4pin through that hole... but I guess since the mobo mounts upside down, you won't have to worry about it, as the connector, at least on my Asus P5N-E SLI, will be darn near on top of the PSU.

I was just thinking, if you routed the cables to the "back side" and put the drives in backwards from the way you did in the review, it would clear up some of the cable clutter in that area. My gaming rig only has 1 hard drive, so I think it would be pretty easy to hide the wire in the back, if the space between the drives and the side panel would allow it.
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

there is no space...

No gap as the motherboard covers the hole as seen in this picture.

DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

Apoptosis wrote:there is no space...

No gap as the motherboard covers the hole as seen in this picture.
OH well, just a thought. I know a lot of Nine Hundred owners are cutting holes in the mobo tray to route the wires. I'm actually considering the same on mine to clean up some of the spaghetti in my case, so I've started to notice things like that a lot more than I did before.

Gamble
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Gamble »

Wow, do you know the CFM and decibel specs for the big fan? It looks like that could take care of plenty of heat...
Once a gamer,
Always a gamer.
Rock on.
-Gamble
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Gamble wrote:Wow, do you know the CFM and decibel specs for the big fan? It looks like that could take care of plenty of heat...
The 120mm fan is 23.25dBA and puts out 41.8CFM at 1200RPM's

The 250mm fan is 31dBA and puts out 133CFM at 800RPM's
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I like those huge side fans that they are installing now days, I don't like the looks of the way they installed it in the window on this case though, just looks a bit on the cheap side to me. Only other thing is that I've seen it where those 250mm side fans can come in contact with some of the larger HSf from some of the different companies out there, looks like this one will be no different.......... :shock:
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

Bio-Hazard wrote:I like those huge side fans that they are installing now days, I don't like the looks of the way they installed it in the window on this case though, just looks a bit on the cheap side to me.
Kind of reminds me of a buddies system. He'd been having trouble with the cooling on his video card for a while. Thinking he would pick up a new card, he didn't want to spend money to temp fix his old one.

Solution: 20" box fan sitting next to the side off case running on high. ;) Worked like a charm until we picked up new video cards.

Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

I love the case I have now but it's getting toasty in there with the two GPUs, a Core2Duo, and everything else. 80mm fans don't cut it anymore. So my choices are either:

A.) Get a new case. (not gonna happen)
B.) Install a huge window fan. (Not likely to happen)
C.) Go to liquid cooling. (Makes me nervous but worth considering)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Skippman wrote:I love the case I have now but it's getting toasty in there with the two GPUs, a Core2Duo, and everything else. 80mm fans don't cut it anymore. So my choices are either:

A.) Get a new case. (not gonna happen)
B.) Install a huge window fan. (Not likely to happen)
C.) Go to liquid cooling. (Makes me nervous but worth considering)
I've been running Corsair's water cooling kits... The Hydro and Nautilus for over three years and not one has ever sprung a leak and I've used 6+ kits.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Go water cooling, never a leak and I've used more different kits than I care to count................. :shock:

Let me correct that, I did have a cracked bolck on the SilverStone crap kit, I'll never buy anything from them, ever, **** customer support.

This case looks like it would be pretty easy for a dual 120 rad setup............;)