ATI DX10 R600 Pictures Have Been Leaked

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
odie2190
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Big R600

Post by odie2190 »

medgamer wrote:That's an OEM card the regular aftermarket cards will be under 10 inches... 9.5 in. i think. Either way, if you guys are complaining now, just wait until ATI releases the external GPA chassis, soon they'll be having us linking up graphics farms in our basement.... at least crysis will play at 1000fps with 16XAA and 64X Aniso.... not bad.... with that kind of power you can probably create a black whole in your basement and suck us all in.... if i get sucked into a black hole while playing crysis i know who to blame... ATI i'm comin' after you!

lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i really hope they drop the exsting gddr 4 card prices i want 1 !
Toebot
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Toebot »

Looks to me like the excessive length of the card is just the cooling system, the blower specifically. The actual card isn't any longer than the average ATX mainboard. I've got a full size case, I'd have it, in a heart beat. On the other hand what's the deal with those power attachments? Both 8 and 6 lead sockets? The power consumption of these new cards has moved beyond outrageous and into the obscene!
InsolenceAndHeresy
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by InsolenceAndHeresy »

Actually a regular ATX motherboard fits in my Antec Superlanboy case.

It's currently housing a 9" X1900XT with 1.5" on space left. So if your rig is anything like mine, no, it wouldn't fit that OEM card. The retail card however... :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

more pictures... This time from media giant ZDNET...
While at an AMD press conference, David Berlind captured some photographs of what apparently is a prototype of a discreet graphics card with ATI's R600 technology on it.

Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

wow that looks like a terrible rendering and not an actual picture
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

He blurred it to help protect the final cover design... it's obvious that it has flames on it though.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

That cooler looks a heck of alot like the one on the 8800's I hope for DAAMIT's sake that Nvidia didn't copyright the design! :shock:
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

actually it looks like a just elongated verison of the x1950xtx heatsink
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

kind of except it looks like a more substantial design with multiple heat pipes (ala 8800) instead of one (ala x1950xtx) and it features a blower fan that looks almost identical to the 8800's instead of the more convential fan in the x1950xtx
jtm55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by jtm55 »

Hi All,

I guess that's why we've been seeing power supplies with the new eight pin connectors on them. I've been seeing a lot of cases lately that have space for two power supplies. Now I know why! You're going to need a dedicated power supply for your graphics card.

You start flying with a full bag of luck and an empty bag for experience. The object is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Pictures Of The R600 Water Cooled:

DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Dang, looks like even watercooling isn't going to be elegant this time round.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
AntiV6
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by AntiV6 »

Apoptosis wrote:He blurred it to help protect the final cover design... it's obvious that it has flames on it though.
Yep, if I can find one of the pictures, you can zoom on it and see that it was Power Colors card.

He blurred everything incriminaing on every picture, but forgot to blur out the Bar Code sticker. :mrgreen:
eva2000
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by eva2000 »

AntiV6 wrote:
Apoptosis wrote:He blurred it to help protect the final cover design... it's obvious that it has flames on it though.
Yep, if I can find one of the pictures, you can zoom on it and see that it was Power Colors card.

He blurred everything incriminaing on every picture, but forgot to blur out the Bar Code sticker. :mrgreen:
haha nice catch :)
brites
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by brites »

If this is what the final product goeing to be!?! a WATTS sucker... then Long Live Nvidia....
I only want that the prices on XTX to fall :lol:
AntiV6
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by AntiV6 »

here is the image... But if you zoom into the image towards the white unblurred sticker...

And you get this blurry image. And if you look closely, it looks like Power Color. :)

dkarko
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by dkarko »

What a monster! Do you know if they planning on a mid budget solution in 2007? I don't even think this card fits in my case :roll:
jazkat
Legit User
Legit User

smoking!!!!!!!!!

Post by jazkat »

dkarko wrote:What a monster! Do you know if they planning on a mid budget solution in 2007? I don't even think this card fits in my case :roll:
ati/amd releases r600 details (mmmm specs)

the 12.5 inch is the oem for vendors the retail r600 will be about 9.5
(thats an inch or 2 shorter than the 8800gtx)

At the top of the DirectX 10 chain, is the ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT. The AMD ATI Radeon HD 2900-series features 320 stream processors, over twice as many as NVIDIA’s GeForce 8800 GTX. AMD couples the 320 stream processors with a 512-bit memory interface with eight channels. CrossFire support is now natively supported by the AMD ATI Radeon HD 2900-series; the external CrossFire dongle is a thing of the past.

The R600-based ATI Radeon HD 2900-series products also support 128-bit HDR rendering. AMD has also upped the ante on anti-aliasing support. The ATI Radeon HD 2900-series supports up to 24x anti-aliasing. NVIDIA’s GeForce 8800-series only supports up to 16x anti-aliasing. AMD’s ATI Radeon HD 2900-series also possesses physics processing

AMD’s RV630-based products will carry the ATI Radeon HD 2600 moniker with Pro and XT models. The value-targeted RV610-based products will carry the ATI Radeon HD 2400 name with Pro and XT models as well

wow what a monster card ,now they are tinkering away with the R650 and next year we will see the all amd r700
mongol05
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by mongol05 »

This would definately not pull me away from nVidia. It looks too... complicated.
Porthos
Asus M2N SLI Deluxe | Athlon 64 X2 4200+ | 2 GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | eVGA Geforce 7900 GT 256 MB
Athos
Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 | Athlon 64 3000+ | 1 GB PNY PC3200 | eVGA Geforce 6800 128 MB