BLIZZCON 2007 ANNOUNCED For August 3-4 2007

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

BLIZZCON 2007 ANNOUNCED For August 3-4 2007

Post by Apoptosis »

Blizzard Entertainment® gaming convention to welcome players from around the world on August 3-4
IRVINE, Calif. – April 12, 2007 – Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced plans for its second BlizzCon™ gaming convention. BlizzCon is a celebration of the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises and the players who have helped make them so popular around the world. This year's event will take place at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on August 3 and 4, and will feature various activities for attendees to take part in.

"We were gratified by the response to our first BlizzCon in 2005 and have been looking for an opportunity to hold a follow-up event ever since," stated Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment®. "With BlizzCon 2007, we plan to deliver another entertaining and informative experience for the attendees, and we look forward to meeting all of them again this year."

BlizzCon will be open to gamers age 4 and older and will offer a wide variety of activities to help all attendees get the most out of the two–day event. In addition to serving as a gathering place for the different Blizzard gaming communities, attendees will be able to enjoy:

* Discussion panels with Blizzard developers
* Artist and developer signings
* Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
* World of Warcraft® Trading Card Game tournaments and demos
* Costume, machinima, and character sound-alike contests with great prizes
* Commemorative merchandise and other products based on the Blizzard franchises
* A silent auction
* Live orchestral performances of music from Blizzard games
* More exciting activities to be announced

Tickets for BlizzCon will go on sale in the next few months at a price of $100 USD per person. As the event draws closer, further details will be announced on the official BlizzCon website: http://www.blizzcon.com

About Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft® and the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® series, Blizzard Entertainment® (http://www.blizzard.com), a division of Vivendi Games, is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating many of the industry's most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard's track record includes ten #1-selling games and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company's free Internet gaming service, Battle.net®, reigns as the largest in the world, with millions of active users.
I was a speaker at Blizzcon 2005 and it was a killer show... If you play WoW and can afford to attend I highly suggest it!
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

LR might have to send their West Coast Correspondent to this..... 8)
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I love blizzard and all... diablo2 was awesome, and I played starcraft for years... but I think they are putting too much into WoW. SC: Ghost got scrapped, and there is nothing that I know of currently planned. I never got into WoW because of the fanbase. That, and I don't want it to turn into a job... (gotta find that epic sword!!!!!)

Anyway, that being said... I wouldn't go to blizzcon even if I were on the west coast. WoW is just too much for me.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

wow, 100 bucks for that...it must be damn good for that price.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
mongol05
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by mongol05 »

August 3-4, same weekend as Quakecon.

Hmm, drive 1000 miles to go to a con I have to pay for... or drive 100 miles and go to a free one...

I think I'm gunna stick with Quakecon. =)
Porthos
Asus M2N SLI Deluxe | Athlon 64 X2 4200+ | 2 GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | eVGA Geforce 7900 GT 256 MB
Athos
Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 | Athlon 64 3000+ | 1 GB PNY PC3200 | eVGA Geforce 6800 128 MB