***"at least" 22 dead from VA Tech Shooting***

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

Indignity wrote:Is it me or is the media loving this???? I mean every channel you flip to has had live coverage of this since 11am CST today then they interview somebody over the phone that is a second cousin of a guy that knows somebody that goes to school there. -Not to bring light to this at all-
You are right, the media feeds on this (gotta get people to tune in and watch the commerials :cry: ) and the media also feeds the next one, who ever or where ever that happens, now will feel the need to try for 35,40 50 just to be that much more of a shocker.
CNN in particular (once they are in "Special report " mode can't find enough facts/real news/ updates or experts to fill the air time, and they know people will filp away if they just repeat over and over, so to keep finding "NEW" info/updates they'll interview anybody.
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

Looks like 33 dead, including the shooter.......too bad he didn't start with himself
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

T-Shirt wrote:Looks like 33 dead, including the shooter.......too bad he didn't start with himself
yup. but unfortunately people are twisted... :(
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
TristanM
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by TristanM »

Now they're talking about the possibility of two gunmen. Shootings occurred at two seperate areas of the campus, two hours apart...
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

TristanM wrote:Now they're talking about the possibility of two gunmen. Shootings occurred at two seperate areas of the campus, two hours apart...
a possibility but this doesn't seem as much as a well-orchestrated spree, but rather an all-out hot-headed urban assault on the people of an unsuspecting public for sadistic reasons.

:throws 2 cents in again:
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
MS LXM-00001 keyboard

camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

Last I heard a Guy & Girl were killed at 7:15(Eastern) and the gunman was believed to have left the area!
Just after 9am the second shooting started, as stated before the gunman shot and killed 32 people and injured 29, then turned the gun on himself.

Agreed he should have started with himself!
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

It's a real shame... 33 lives have ended and for what? Sad Sad Sad

The news said he lined students up in the hall, made them face the wall and he executed them one by one down the line... If that it true that is one sick mofo, but it also explains how with two handguns he was able to kill so many innocent people.
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

makes me wonder about life in general. :?
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
MS LXM-00001 keyboard

Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Reuters News:
The gunman who killed 32 people and then himself at Virginia Tech university on Monday was identified by police on Tuesday as Cho Seung-Hui, a South Korean studying at the university.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

pictures are up now:

smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

unreal, well if its true he was south korean at school here at least they can rule out it was growing up in the USA that messed him up so much.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
Antonik
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Antonik »

smack323 wrote:unreal, well if its true he was south korean at school here at least they can rule out it was growing up in the USA that messed him up so much.
why? south koreans can't live in the United States before they attend college? thats just silly.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

he didn't say that he said that they can't blame it growing up in the US.
TristanM
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by TristanM »

Apoptosis wrote:he didn't say that he said that they can't blame it growing up in the US.
Devil's advocate thing here, so don't get annoyed - A person who is a citizen of another country could have grown up in America. I am a Canadian citizen as well as an Irish citizen. I spent the years between 13 and 24 in the United States. That could easily have been the years between 8 and 19 or whatever...
yurchie
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by yurchie »

He spent 15 years in this country. I'd say that was enough of an American upbringing if anything.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

I've been enlightened on my thinking behind trying to reason why this happened. Basically he's messed up in the head, but this was a good read...

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rush-limbaugh/ ... 253132.php

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Why is anyone to blame for this mans actions but himself?

We all choose our own paths in life. People want to believe this mans actions are the result of some sociatal pandemeic that's causing our youth to go insane. I suppose people have already forgotten about people like John Wayde Gasey, the Zodiac, and the Son of Sam. Back then people blamed the Beatles and rock and roll for thier deaths.

The fact of the matter is people will always look for reason behind human actions when reason plays very little into the equation. The majority of people act and respond emotionally. When a tragedy happens people look for something or someone to blame. Why did this happen? The fact of the matter is we may never know. No one knows why the Zodiac did what he did.

The problem is that the media will hype anything into near hysteria to gain market share. So this story, much like Columbine, will be played out for the months and years to come. Gun control advocates will run rampent with the evils of gun ownership when the fact of the matter is percentage wise more people kill each other with cars anually than people do with guns.

As the story goes, I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than ride in Ted Kennedys car.

We all pick what we choose to blame. I choose to blame a clearly troubled person and not the society that produces so many well adjusted people. YMMV.
TristanM
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by TristanM »

Skippman wrote:Why is anyone to blame for this mans actions but himself?

We all choose our own paths in life. People want to believe this mans actions are the result of some sociatal pandemeic that's causing our youth to go insane. I suppose people have already forgotten about people like John Wayde Gasey, the Zodiac, and the Son of Sam. Back then people blamed the Beatles and rock and roll for thier deaths.

The fact of the matter is people will always look for reason behind human actions when reason plays very little into the equation. The majority of people act and respond emotionally. When a tragedy happens people look for something or someone to blame. Why did this happen? The fact of the matter is we may never know. No one knows why the Zodiac did what he did.

The problem is that the media will hype anything into near hysteria to gain market share. So this story, much like Columbine, will be played out for the months and years to come. Gun control advocates will run rampent with the evils of gun ownership when the fact of the matter is percentage wise more people kill each other with cars anually than people do with guns.

As the story goes, I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than ride in Ted Kennedys car.

We all pick what we choose to blame. I choose to blame a clearly troubled person and not the society that produces so many well adjusted people. YMMV.
You're right. I was only arguing the minor side point that nobody could try to blame an American upbringing. I don't blame anything but the psycho himself for being a maladjusted twit, but someone could potentially attempt to argue otherwise.
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

i withdraw my last remark about american upbringing, apparently he lived in the US most of his life.. me and the women had a nice discussion last night about this whole mass killings. she was saying that it just shows how messed up the world is getting ect ect... i told her i think it has acctully gotten much better than in the past ie: pre civil war/Roman times/Egyptians ect-- even with the crap we see happening at VATech. If you think about how many people there are in the US you would think this kinda stuf would happen alot more often. i am not sure on it but you probally have a better chance of getting hit by lighting then getting gunned down by a korean gone crazy
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

It's a proven fact that in America crime has gone down -- it just seems like more as the news coverage has gotten much better.