You guys hear of Hanns·G moniter?

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

You guys hear of Hanns·G moniter?

Post by Alathald »

I was on NewEgg, found an awesome sounding moniter from Hanns·G but I know nothing about moniter brands
I want something with a high contrast and low refresh for ~$300 and this seems to fit the bill...you guys know of any moniters that match the criteria? I'd like to buy it tonight cause S/H is free, whats your guys thoughts?
Heres the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824254020
Peace 8)
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

there a newer brand and I've heard people are happy with them. Other than that I don't know much
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

dicecca112 wrote:there a newer brand and I've heard people are happy with them. Other than that I don't know much
Ya that's kinda what I've been running into, good specs but after so many people having issues with spectre, I'm kinda wary of the newer brands. The specs are much better than BenQ or ViewSonic but as you say, it's a newer brand...
Razorbacx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Razorbacx »

I'm using one right now at work, model#HW191A, and I've got to say that I am extremely impressed with it. The image is sharp and clean and the picture is bright. I actually like this one better than my Samsung 913V. I do not have any problems recommending this monitor to others seeking to save some money without sacrificing quality.

Razorbacx
Don't ask me, cause I know nothing! I'm lost in this world of technology and am barely holding my head above water. Thank the Good Lord for LR, otherwise I would have drowned years ago.
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

Tigerdirect and Staples also sell that brand
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

I have the HW191D and I love it too. Absolutely great for the price I paid.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Hann G is a division of a huge Corp HannStar that made mainly OEM products for a lot of the major name brands out there. Hanns G is their own market brand they are now selling themselves. They have been in the LCD for more than a day or 2 now, going on close to 10 years.......... :shock:
HannStar Display was established in June 1998. We are specialized in the manufacturing of TFT-LCD products and these main applications are in notebook computer displays and desktop computer monitors.
HannStar Display now has three LCD fabrications and one LCM fabrication. Through technology transfer from Toshiba and Hitachi, HannStar acquired the state-of-the-art TFT-LCD manufacturing technology with the highest efficiency for mass production. Our customers include leading electronics companies both in Taiwan and overseas.
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Well thanks for all the quick feedback, just hit the Submit Order button on the Egg. Will give update upon arrive. :drinkers:
22", here I come!!!

BTW could you guys stick up a couple links to software that checks for dead pixels? Thx for all the help!
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

If you have any, you'll see them pretty easy........... :shock:
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Bio-Hazard wrote:If you have any, you'll see them pretty easy........... :shock:
I know there are programs out there that cycle though different colors (like 1 every 5secs or so) I just forget what they are called, I'm sure I'll find something before the moniter shows though
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

Dead Pixel Tester is the one I've used in the past.
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Got the moniter a couple days ago, very impressed with it...not a single dead pix & it's quite, well...um...sleek I guess would be the word for it.

:drinkers: Thanks again for the feedback! I'm swimming in 22" glory! :finga:
cyberneticimplant
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cyberneticimplant »

I got a 19" widescreen made by Hans-G. There is no dead pixels, display is crisp, bright, however the viewing angle sucks.
IssE
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by IssE »

Alathald wrote:Got the moniter a couple days ago, very impressed with it...not a single dead pix & it's quite, well...um...sleek I guess would be the word for it.

:drinkers: Thanks again for the feedback! I'm swimming in 22" glory! :finga:
how big was your old monitor?
I remember when i upgraded from a 17" to a 20.1'.. It took a while to get used to everything; especially gaming hehe
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

IssE wrote:how big was your old monitor?
I remember when i upgraded from a 17" to a 20.1'.. It took a while to get used to everything; especially gaming hehe
I believe it was 17" as well...didn't take long to get use to it (1/2 hr tops).

I'll admit, as far as the viewing angle, it's no CRT or HDTV but its still a great moniter, especially for the price. I would definitely by Hanns·G in the future.