XFX Drools EVGA On GeForce 8600 GT Retail Box

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

XFX Drools EVGA On GeForce 8600 GT Retail Box

Post by Apoptosis »

It's no secret that EVGA is the top add-in-board partner (AIB) when it comes to NVIDIA graphics card. It's tough not being the top dog, but being behind the industry leader doesn't mean that you can't nip at the heels of the guy in front of you to let him know that you are still there. XFX has recently done that and lashed out at EVGA! Read on to find out how!

In the end we got a good laugh out of this and thought it was pretty gutsy of XFX to point out that they were gunning for EVGA. The question now is will EVGA do something on their box next time or ignore the situation all together? What do you think? Did XFX go too far this time or was this a justified marketing move? Everyone here at Legit Reviews wants to hear your thoughts...
Article Title: XFX Drools EVGA On GeForce 8600 GT Retail Box
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/494/1/
Pesto
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Pesto »

By now paralysis has more than likely set in and the XFX dog has been put down, which might also be the situation for the artist that did the box design!
im sure that if it is one of those "heads will roll for this" situations that more than the artists will be sweating.. im assuming that the design had to have been signed off on before it was mass produced..

very funny!
- Pesto
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

Well, I like it. The gauntlet has been thrown down - let's see if EVGA picks it up. The best way to answer it of course is with better hardware. Nothing wrong with a little smack-talking, imo. 8)
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

As long as it's all in good humour (poke fun, but don't poke too hard) which it seems to be...Hopefully, eVGA comes back with a good retort :axe: this stuff is kinda fun to follow, akin to the Windows/Mac commericials...though Windows has yet to make a comeback... :ANAL:

There was already a short thread on this, here's the original thread: EVGA is known as dog drool.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I just hope it doesnt bite XFX in the a**. I just bought an XFX card, and its great, but I would love to have continued support for it.
Gamble
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Gamble »

wow, didnt see that comin...funny though!
Once a gamer,
Always a gamer.
Rock on.
-Gamble
ikjadoon
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by ikjadoon »

Hilarious! I love it! I wait for eVGA's response.

PLEASE, MICROSOFT, PLEASE make a reply to those Mac commercials. I already have many good ideas:

1)Gaming
2)Security through Obscurity
3)Programs
4)Upgradeability
5)Price

~Ibrahim~
Overdrive PC Core2.SLI:

Core 2 Duo E6600 @ ~3.5GHz, ASUS P5N-E SLI, 4GB of DDR2-770, 8800GTS 640MB @ 621/1836, Western Digital 640GB, LITE-ON 20X, CM Stacker 830, Enermax 620W, Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1

3DMark '06: 10,302
SuperPI 1M: 15.194s
WEI: 5.7
Legit User
Legit User

Post by 24 »

Good Stuff i must say :) nothing wrong with little bit of friendly smack talk :mrgreen:
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

love the sig ikjadoon...though you should make the font larger so people can read it!

anyway, back on topic... I love a little playfull competition between companies...it makes things more interesting... I hope EVGA has a good response
XFX Support
XFX Tech Support

Post by XFX Support »

It’s good to see such positive feedback from you guys. I did want to ensure everyone knows this was just us "poking fun" at EVGA and not a straight forward insult as there is no bad blood between our two companies. If fact you would be surprised by our competitive friendly relationship we have with EVGA.

XFX Support
Razorbacx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Razorbacx »

Simply, a very smart marketing campaign. Look at what we're doing right now....talking about XFX. Mission accomplished!

Razorbacx
Don't ask me, cause I know nothing! I'm lost in this world of technology and am barely holding my head above water. Thank the Good Lord for LR, otherwise I would have drowned years ago.
pastorjay
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by pastorjay »

Where is Al Sharpton! Certainly this is something he should get involved in!

JK! :P
ikjadoon
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by ikjadoon »

pastorjay wrote:Where is Al Sharpton! Certainly this is something he should get involved in!

JK! :P
lmao!

@vic

It actually isn't my sig. I just wrote it small because I didn't want to get off-topic too much. Thanks, though!

~Ibrahim~
Overdrive PC Core2.SLI:

Core 2 Duo E6600 @ ~3.5GHz, ASUS P5N-E SLI, 4GB of DDR2-770, 8800GTS 640MB @ 621/1836, Western Digital 640GB, LITE-ON 20X, CM Stacker 830, Enermax 620W, Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1

3DMark '06: 10,302
SuperPI 1M: 15.194s
WEI: 5.7
jtm55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by jtm55 »

Hi All,

Good to see that Companies are able to have a good natured competition & have some fun while doing so.
snowking03
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by snowking03 »

Looks like EVGA is backlashing a little hard. If you notice the article on Inquirer tech news it looks like EVGA has sued XFX for the dog. Seems a little over the top to me....but what do I know about corporate life.
Rigs:
AMD 3400+ Claw, DFI NF3 250GB, 1GB XMS3200 2-2-2-5, 9800 Pro, 2x80GB WD HDD Raid0, 320GB External
Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo, Test Pipe, WB02, Boost controller, EGR delete, Autometer Cobalts, etc.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

yeah rumor has it our image is the one that was submitted to the court... Not sure if that is true as no one has contacted us to use our image ;)
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

seems reallly dumb to me, nothing makes you look like more of a dick than sueing for something so trivial... EVGA basically got their name on a competitor's product, and they are throwing a hissy fit over it. I wont be buying from evga if this is they way they work.
snowking03
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by snowking03 »

Free advertising eh Nate.

Haha.
Rigs:
AMD 3400+ Claw, DFI NF3 250GB, 1GB XMS3200 2-2-2-5, 9800 Pro, 2x80GB WD HDD Raid0, 320GB External
Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo, Test Pipe, WB02, Boost controller, EGR delete, Autometer Cobalts, etc.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

This article supplied EVGA with evidence to get an injunction against XFX in germany form selling these card with this box and some sort of damages money..

source

:snakeman:

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

Wonder if this will be on Court TV? :P

Kinda disappointed in EVGA's reaction. I have one of their cards so I'm a fan. Hopefully, it will die down and go away. Can't we all just get along?

EVGA is taking it a bit too personal IMO. They are acting like the kid that would go off crying after someone told a "Yo Mamma" joke....
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.