The ChillTec Thermoelectric CPU Cooler Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

The ChillTec Thermoelectric CPU Cooler Review

Post by Apoptosis »

When standard air-cooling just won't cut it anymore, but you don't want to mess around with liquid-cooling options, that leaves you with one choice to get your processor into plaid speeds -- the ULTRA Chill-TEC Thermoelectric Hybrid CPU Cooler! Will the Ultra ChillTec Thermoelectric cooler be able to outperform the big boy's of the air cooling world?

Article Title: The ChillTec Thermoelectric CPU Cooler Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/491/1/

Hats off to Matt for another review well done!
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Good job Matt!!! =D> =D>
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Nice Review!! Good job, Matt!

I'm still deciding for myself if I want to go TEC or full-blown water cooling in the future... so this was some great info!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Great review. :)

I know you dont have the equipment Matt, but it would be nice to see how much power the TEC sucks down, and how that compared to the water cooling power.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Close to this:

dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Thanks for all the praise guys. I still says I don't know how your churn out so many reviews, well it would have been easier if I wasn't in the midst of 6 tests in 11 days, but anyway.

I believe the TEC can use 50W, so add that to my system.
NukeHaze
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: The ChillTec Thermoelectric CPU Cooler Review

Post by NukeHaze »

I would love to be able to suggest to them to use a 120mm fan for intake as well as exhaust and a 100watt instead of a 50watt Peltier cooler or even higher. Certainly even more heatpipes or even a circular configuration perhaps even similar to trhe Zalman CNPS 9700 would be an awesome air cooler for such a TEC set up. Another thought would be to use a refrigerant inside the heatpipes to take advantage of phase change benefits such as the Asetek Vapochill Micro uses for their direct contact base. Using freon would definitely be effective and noticeable combined with a TEC and a good heat pipe and large capacity surface area fin desigh. I have had very good results with both the Zalman mentioned and the Asetek in some medium level overclocking. Even the Xigmatek self contained water cooling AIO with a TEC is a sound idea but that particular model likely needed more of a reservoir and greater fluid movement rate in order to get the numbers that the ChillTEC did. I do love this wodel and think it was a great idea. The review was well done and gave some great information.

Thanks.