Starcraft II (Anyone Else Excited)

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Starcraft II (Anyone Else Excited)

Post by dgood »

Blizzard Even Says it themselves on the main page. "Hell It's About Time"
http://www.starcraft2.com/. That's all I got for now. I was just glad they weren't going to only make MMO's for the rest of their life as a company. Blizzard really does make some of the best RTS games out there.
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zertz »

I was gonna make a topic about it! :)

I can't wait to buy this game 8) If it's as great as all the other PC games they made, it will be awesome.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I got really excited when I found the hidden zerg hydralisk in warcraft 3. Hopefully the graphics wont be as cartoony and colorful for starcraft 2
liqnit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by liqnit »

it will be great game !
Blizzard created a perfect game called StarCarft so the sequel will only get better :)
Maxtron
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Maxtron »

hell yes hell yes hell yes hell yes! cant wait for a more in-depth gameplay trailer :)
CMcguire
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by CMcguire »

Yeah I hope it lives up to the fun of starcraft and doesn't end up being a disappointment
tomato
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tomato »

Wow, while the announcement wasn't unexpected, the expectations itself of the successor to the original Starcraft will be HUGE.

I do hope that Blizzard will do it justice. I enjoyed the first Starcraft, but admit that I am not that big a fan of the RTS genre... but, this game is a license to print money for Blizzard, so props to them ;)
"Who' doing what now?"
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Looking forward to it myself... we'll have to get some massive battle.net LR games going with this one :)
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

not to be a downer..but I hope this doesnt go the same way as starcraft: ghost.
Maxtron
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Maxtron »

alas starcraft ghost, i miss you so :(

i dont think that SC: Ghost even got as far as gameplay vids, so SC2 is one up on Ghost already :P
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zertz »

SC: Ghost was probably abandoned because it had been developped for XBOX/PS2 in mind and they probably didn't want to release anything that wouldn't have had the chance to have as much sucess as all their other games. Which is kinda sad since the gameplay video that was released looked so cool... meh.

And they can't abandon SC2 because millions of asians will assault Blizzard's offices :P
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Illuminati wrote:Looking forward to it myself... we'll have to get some massive battle.net LR games going with this one :)
I might have to just join you on that.
Maxtron
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Maxtron »

Zertz wrote:SC: Ghost was probably abandoned because it had been developped for XBOX/PS2 in mind and they probably didn't want to release anything that wouldn't have had the chance to have as much sucess as all their other games. Which is kinda sad since the gameplay video that was released looked so cool... meh.

And they can't abandon SC2 because millions of asians will assault Blizzard's offices :P
haha yeah, they'd use Blizzard's own zerg tactic against them... KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE
smokin_mitch
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by smokin_mitch »

omg i cant wait :axe:

any1 know if starcraft (original) and broodwars will work on vista 64 bit???

after reading this i went and found my old copy of these games (they were abit dusty)

will they work on vista?

just want to go in and use the radio free zerg cheat to hear the overminds song lol

omg i cant wait for this game... :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:
My System:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 3.33Ghz (1333fsb 333x10)
Thermaltake BigTyp 120vx CPU cooler
BFG Nforce 680i SLI (p31 bios)
4Gb ram DDR2-1067Mhz Corsair pc8500C5D + Dominator fan
Inno3d 2x 8800GTX SLI (169.12 driver)
2x 250gb HDD (raid 0) + 1 750gb hdd
Antec 1000w psu (with racing stripe) lol
thermaltake Armor full tower
Fusion Dual Digital 4 HDTV tuner
Acer 24" widescreen lcd 1920x1200
Logitech G15 keyboard, LX7 mouse and 5.1 surround speakers
Vista Ultimate 64bit
mongol05
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by mongol05 »

I'm really excited =)

It's going to be a long wait. I think I'm gunna install SC tonight and play a few matches with some of my friends.
Porthos
Asus M2N SLI Deluxe | Athlon 64 X2 4200+ | 2 GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | eVGA Geforce 7900 GT 256 MB
Athos
Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 | Athlon 64 3000+ | 1 GB PNY PC3200 | eVGA Geforce 6800 128 MB
CMcguire
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by CMcguire »

mongol05 wrote: It's going to be a long wait. I think I'm gunna install SC tonight and play a few matches with some of my friends.
I don't think it will be that long.. i mean compared to something like duke nukem.. i'd say within a year if not before the end of this year.. that gameplay video they have seems to show the game in a pretty good state... unless all the stuff is mocked up for the demo.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Im waiting for crysis more than this, but I will definately buy both!
mongol05
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by mongol05 »

CMcguire wrote:
mongol05 wrote: It's going to be a long wait. I think I'm gunna install SC tonight and play a few matches with some of my friends.
I don't think it will be that long.. i mean compared to something like duke nukem.. i'd say within a year if not before the end of this year.. that gameplay video they have seems to show the game in a pretty good state... unless all the stuff is mocked up for the demo.
They said in the gameplay video that none of it was final. I don't think it's a mock up or anything but I think it's further from being done than I want it to be. (I want it to have been finished and shipped by yesterday)
Porthos
Asus M2N SLI Deluxe | Athlon 64 X2 4200+ | 2 GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | eVGA Geforce 7900 GT 256 MB
Athos
Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 | Athlon 64 3000+ | 1 GB PNY PC3200 | eVGA Geforce 6800 128 MB
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zertz »

CMcguire wrote:
Well, they started talking and releasing stuff about World of Warcraft around 3 years I think before it was released. I'm not saying it'll take 3 years, but my guess is that it won't be on the shelves until at least late 2008.

Oh and, The Burning Crusade was released nearly 6 months late. So I wouldn't be too optimistic.
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

smokin_mitch wrote:any1 know if starcraft (original) and broodwars will work on vista 64 bit???

after reading this i went and found my old copy of these games (they were abit dusty)

will they work on vista?
You should try it and let us know... if you get it to work, I'll do the same :)

I should be able to find my SC and Broodwars CDs...
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook