wireless networking help needed

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
TristanM
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by TristanM »

You could try directional antennas. The ones that look like they came off the top of a Navy battleship. Then you can "aim" the signal as well as extend the range.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

TristanM wrote:
KnightRid wrote:lol

now now, no corporate infighting here - LOL

thanx for all the help everyone!!! they need to make a wireless solution that will go farther! I couldnt set up anything in my in-laws house to be able to use the laptop in the pole barn because it is too far away :( sad sad sad

Mike
Ken knows I was joking. He is the guy for this stuff, he's been dealing with the manufacturers and such. Also he's worked there way longer than me.

Edit: Also Ken doesn't seem to respond well to baiting...
LOL :lol:
That's more like it, biatch, as long as you know your place...... :nut kick:
TristanM
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by TristanM »

kenc51 wrote:
TristanM wrote:
KnightRid wrote:lol

now now, no corporate infighting here - LOL

thanx for all the help everyone!!! they need to make a wireless solution that will go farther! I couldnt set up anything in my in-laws house to be able to use the laptop in the pole barn because it is too far away :( sad sad sad

Mike
Ken knows I was joking. He is the guy for this stuff, he's been dealing with the manufacturers and such. Also he's worked there way longer than me.

Edit: Also Ken doesn't seem to respond well to baiting...
LOL :lol:
That's more like it, biatch, as long as you know your place...... :nut kick:
Dang. I shoulda held out longer before I figured you weren't taking the bait... You may have won the battle - but the war will be mine!! Muhuhahahaaha!

Ok. I'll shut up now...