MNF Rating was the lowest in the ABC program's 35 years

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

MNF Rating was the lowest in the ABC program's 35 years

Post by Apoptosis »

I'm not sure what this means for the Sports industry, but it's not good to see my favorite televised sport receive low ratings.
``Monday Night Football'' is heading into the final year of its contract with the NFL. The exclusive negotiating period for ABC and its broadcast partner ESPN, which has the Sunday night game, extends for nearly another year. But there's been speculation that other networks might challenge for the Sunday night and Monday night packages.

Last month, the NFL agreed to $8 billion in extensions with Fox and CBS to televise Sunday afternoon games for six more years. The deals also would allow the league to show better matchups late in the season in prime time.
Every Monday (but the last game) I've gone out with my friends and watched. I can saw that the MNF games this year were not that great and I think that is the only reason for the decline in viewers. I mean look at this weeks Monday game... Who cares about the Rams vs. Eagles! Eagles sat 8 of the 9 Pro Bowlers and the Rams had Faulk and other star player hurt and not in the game. It was a pointless game, so why watch. I'm from St. Louis, had free tickets to the game even, but I still didn't go. If T.O. and Mcnabb played the entire game and if it was for a wild card spot I woulda been all about it...

Anyway I'm done ranting... I was wanting a Pit/Phil Super Bowl, but with Big Ben hurt and my boi TO out... I'm not sure it's going to happen. How about those cheese heads? They might pull it off.

Article Link
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

Aw, Apop...why didn't you call me? I would have taken those tickets off your hands!
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

You still may see that Philly/Pitt bowl yet Apop! Since we have no pro football team here in Cincinnati (cough, cough) we are pulling for the local product Roethlisberger even though he plays for the evil Steelers :mrgreen:
Joe
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Evil Steelers??!!! The Steelers rule! they beat the very hot bills with their back ups, and their 4th string RB ran for over 100 yards.

On another note, man, do the Rams suck or what? talk about not having a pro football team, poor St Louis
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

capper5016 wrote:On another note, man, do the Rams suck or what? talk about not having a pro football team, poor St Louis
I know the feeling! :oops:
Joe