No Sound on Front Audio ECS GeForce6100SM-M

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
dannyw
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

No Sound on Front Audio ECS GeForce6100SM-M

Post by dannyw »

I purchased a barbones system recently. I plugged in the wires from front panel to audio header on the ECS GeForce6100SM-M but can't get audio/mike to work. The technician at the store claims that the ECS GeForce6100SM-M Motherboard front audio doesn't work unless rear audio is disabled by a jumper. "It's in the manual" he claimed though I could find no mention of it. I find this hard to believe as I've built systems using a variety of motherboards and have enjoyed both front and rear audio in parallel. Any truth to his claim?

FYI: I plugged the wires from motherboard which are labeled/connected to AUDIO1:

1 MIC
2 GND
3 MIC-IN
4 ------no wire
5 EAR RIGHT
6 EAR RIGHT
7 ------no wire
8 ------no wire
9 EAR LEFT
10 EAR LEFT

Cheers,
Danny
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No Sound on Front Audio ECS GeForce6100SM-M

Post by DMB2000uk »

There aren't any power jumpers for the front audio that need to be on are there?

Have you checked in the sounds config within windows to make sure that the front panel audio is turned up in there (its probably separate to the main system audio volume)

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
dannyw
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by dannyw »

I spoke to a different service guy and he admitted (when I told him to explain why there were missing wires) that AC'97 audio connectors on the case they sold me don't work with the HD sound header on the ECS board. I hate it when they lie to cover up their own mistakes.

Cheers,
Dannny
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Hmm, sucky sales people.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)