NVIDIA driver with HD post-processing Publicly Available

Forum for all the nVidia video cards from the past, present and future!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

This Windows Vista 32-bit driver, 163.11, significantly improves HD video quality and should be used when testing PureVideo HD with HD movies or the HQV HD benchmark.

The driver is available here:
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downl ... river.html

Use the following for PureVideo HD video testing:

* ForceWare 163.11 Vista 32-bit drivers
* NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS graphics card
o The new drivers leverage the GPU shaders to perform HD post-processing. With 8800 and 8600 GTS we expect to get full HD post-processing and perfect HQV HD scores. The majority of driver testing has been focused on 8600 GTS thus far so we request that limit your testing to this model for now.
* Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 build 2911e.0 or higher (right-click on the movie window and select About)
o Note that the initial retail build of PowerDVD (7.3.2911.0) will work but has a known interaction with post-processing that may cause dropped frames.
* Real protected BD/HD movies on disc. Playing ripped movies stripped of copy protection does not place the same demand on the CPU or GPU and will not give an accurate indication of what consumers will experience.
* A 1920x1080 or higher display
pmanipole
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: NVIDIA driver with HD post-processing Publicly Available

Post by pmanipole »

i am using these drivers on my vista and i must say they are the best so far for me. i have vista ultimate with the media center and my dvd's look awesome.

i am wondering why the 8800 doesnt have the hd improvements that the 8600 does when it costs alot more. maybe they use the 8800 series for straight gameplay and the 8600 for media systems.