Qstik EVOQ Bluetooth DSP Headset Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Our Forum readers have been raving about this Bluetooth headset so Legit Reviews decided to take this baby for a spin. See why we found that the EVOQ by Qstik is one of the best Bluetooth headsets on the market. Maybe it's because Qstik has an in-house engineering team or maybe it's the fact that this Bluetooth headset is the best that we have laid our hands on. Read on to get the low down on the EVOQ!

Article Title: Qstik EVOQ Bluetooth DSP Headset Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/453/1/
Hybridesque
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Hybridesque »

It was really peculiar when he put the EVOQ headset down during one of the Skype conversations he had with me, and he went downstairs in his home.. I could hear what was happening down there. Very spooky.

I'm very impressed with the sound quality that I heard over the net with Skype.. amazing.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Hybridesque wrote:It was really peculiar when he put the EVOQ headset down during one of the Skype conversations he had with me, and he went downstairs in his home.. I could hear what was happening down there. Very spooky.

I'm very impressed with the sound quality that I heard over the net with Skype.. amazing.
who is he?
Hybridesque
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Hybridesque »

Ken Brown, your reviewer :)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Hybridesque wrote:Ken Brown, your reviewer :)
Right on -- Didn't know Ken was so worldly ;)
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

Hey the best way to test Skype is to use it on a overseas 'call'. I certainly appreciated the help!
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
Hybridesque
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Hybridesque »

No problem, it's fun to chat.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

When I saw the plug photo, I was thinking why do we need to see that, are they moaning that its too big or something. Then I realised that you are all in the US. :P

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Jim_G
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Stereo headset

Post by Jim_G »

I'm curious - how does the stereo headset attach, and what does it look like? Loads of wire trailing about the place?
Jim Gillespie
Digital Puppy

Re: Stereo headset

Post by Digital Puppy »

Jim_G wrote:I'm curious - how does the stereo headset attach, and what does it look like? Loads of wire trailing about the place?
Here's a quick pic of the headsets and how they plug into the side of the EVOQ. It is one cable from the EVOQ to a split for the earbuds. I wish there was a clip to use a la iPod Shuffle.
AForceForGood
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Qstik EVOQ Bluetooth DSP Headset Review

Post by AForceForGood »

Does Qstik (or anyone else) make a usb / miniplug adapter? For the stereo earbuds. Could the wiring of the usb plug be spliced so one could use higher quality earbuds?

Thanks
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

AForceForGood wrote:Does Qstik (or anyone else) make a usb / miniplug adapter? For the stereo earbuds. Could the wiring of the usb plug be spliced so one could use higher quality earbuds?

Thanks
Are you are looking to plug up the stereo headsets you use for your mobile with other devices such as your computer? or did you want to convert your wireless stereo headset to something wireless?

I'm not too sure of your question. :dunno:

(Welcome to the forums too, btw!) :cool:
AForceForGood
Legit User
Legit User

Post by AForceForGood »

Thanks for the welcome - I'm going to buy the qstik evoq - it sounds like the best bluetooth headset out there, but I would like to be able to use high-end earbuds I already own.

I suspect it's possible to splice the usb connector Qstik has used as the connector, but I'm hoping someone has links to a tutorial as I've never tried to splice into a usb connector before.

Qstik's choice of including lame stereo earbuds with their high-end bluetooth headset is puzzling. I'm wondering if there's a reason other than economics, and if that's the case, wouldn't an adapter have been a better choice?

Well, I'll find out I guess.

I usually listen to talk shows anyway, so it's not a huge issue for me, but in general, if something has the functionality, I like to make the most of it.

That's the same kind of thinking that led me to buy a Qoolqee MP3 player slightly before I realized I could combine my pda, mp3 player and celphone into one unit, a Treo 650.

And why I'm considering upgrading to a 700p...
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

Ahh...gothcha! Are you in the States? If so, I know Qstik and their parent company are probably going to introduce a new version of the EVOQ for the US market. Rumor has it that it will include a better implementation of the the stereo earbuds... :)

Depending on your mobile device, listening habits, and need for wireless, I would recommend you looking at V-Moda's Vibe Duo. Legit has an upcoming review of these headsets and I believe they might be the best sounding stereo headsets tested.

Of course, the downside is that they are wired and I'm not sure if they work in "non-iPhone" mobiles..... :dunno:
AForceForGood
Legit User
Legit User

Post by AForceForGood »

Digital Puppy wrote:Ahh...gothcha! Are you in the States? If so, I know Qstik and their parent company are probably going to introduce a new version of the EVOQ for the US market. Rumor has it that it will include a better implementation of the the stereo earbuds... :)

Depending on your mobile device, listening habits, and need for wireless, I would recommend you looking at V-Moda's Vibe Duo. Legit has an upcoming review of these headsets and I believe they might be the best sounding stereo headsets tested.

Of course, the downside is that they are wired and I'm not sure if they work in "non-iPhone" mobiles..... :dunno:
Thanks for the helpful reply pup, but I'm DEFINITELY after a wireless solution here- I've now had TWO Treo 650's headphone jacks break due to my active lifestyle, even with an "L" shaped miniplug the tiny female portion always will eventually fail as it depends solely upon some glue and solder to hold it in place, so I want to be able to do everything wirelessly so as to not have to replace the current PDA/MP3/CEL/Record-keeping absent-minded professor reminding electronic secretary/absolutely essential chunk of tech.

I service and repair exercise equipment, and like to listen to talk radio such as Armstrong & Getty (HIGHLY recommended - if you like The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, this is the radio version of that, and the podcast is FREE!! unlike comedy central's stupid decision to charge $1 to download the daily show ) and Coast to Coast AM ( non-suck=non-george noory episodes only ) to keep myself laughing and cheerful as I battle with stubborn nuts and bolts and stinky, dusty, cat and dog hair and human sweat encrusted machines.

And V-moda's marketing guy who writes the website text deserves a promotion; here's the 2 sentences I'm referring to...

• Noise-isolating (BLISS) technology reduces ambient noises and enables deep bass
• Unlike bulky active noise cancellation, BLISS introduces no artificial sound into your music and requires no batteries

What is this miraculous technology that requires no power and apparently (at least according to V-moda website marketing guy) is superior to Active Noise Cancellation?

That would be the little round donut of silicon on the end of the earbud...

So... [Budweiser Ironic comedic announcer voice] We salute you, website marketing guy! Because you can make the simplest crap sound like a miracle we should mortgage our souls for, so after a hard day of juking people out of their hard-earned cash, why not treat yourself to a frosty freon-cooled, homogenized yeast produced anti-stress anti-heart disease ( per some study or another ) that will make women prettier ( and easier ), your jokes funnier, your semi-retarded workmates smarter, increase your courage and quench your thirst in a way that no other beverage that has been made for thousands of years can. Yes, that's right, have a Budweiser. [/Budweiser Ironic comedic announcer voice]

yeesh, that website marketing guy lingo takes too dang long, I think I'll just keep calling it beer, no matter how miraculous it is.
AForceForGood
Legit User
Legit User

Post by AForceForGood »

Digital Puppy wrote:Ahh...gothcha! Are you in the States? If so, I know Qstik and their parent company are probably going to introduce a new version of the EVOQ for the US market. Rumor has it that it will include a better implementation of the the stereo earbuds... :)
>ackthpft< Now ya tell me, I just bought em last night... ah well, how long before this US market version's available? I can't wait, even if I hafta buy better usb ended earbuds later.

And how did you find out about this?

Thanks
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

AForceForGood wrote:And how did you find out about this?
We talk directly with companies when writing these reviews and by doing so can find out their roadmap on upcoming products!
AForceForGood
Legit User
Legit User

Post by AForceForGood »

Very cool- any idea of a rough ETA?
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

AForceForGood wrote:Very cool- any idea of a rough ETA?
Sorry to get you the information to you so late, man.

Qstik has said the new product will be out "in the Fall" :roll: Nothing official has been announced, but I'm hearing end of September for the new model which should implement an upgraded look and style.......
AForceForGood
Legit User
Legit User

Post by AForceForGood »

Hey, no worries, I wish everyone were as quick with their responses as you've been, and it wouldn't have changed my decision, I needed a wireless solution so right now that I went out and bought the nextlink spider for $40 intending to keep it even after I got the Evoq as a backup.

Unfortunately, they have serious battery issues, so I'm gonna have to exchange it and hope the new one's battery will last more than a 1/2 hour at a time. Fortunately, I can use the thing while it's charging.

maybe the Evoq I ordered last night will end up being the backup.