Congratulation to the winner of the Chaintech VNF 4 Ultra...

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Congratulation to the winner of the Chaintech VNF 4 Ultra...

Post by LVCapo »

gvblake22!!!!! Though there were a couple of pretty funny entries (You came THIS close Vstrom!!!!) Blake had me at hello...tugging at the heart strings of education....but in the end, I'm awarding him this board because it will make Kitty so happy knowing the Blake has a new board!

"Hopefully I'm sending this to the right person... Confused
Well, my name is Blake Terhune and I am 21 years and a student athlete in college. This is my 4th year so not only am I extremely busy with schoolwork and athletics, I am therefore extremely poor also. I am a GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Major with a minor in Microcomputer Systems and I have to create DEM’s (Digital Elevation Models) that are three-dimensional computer generated images/maps of the earth’s surface as well as perform many other intense calculations and analysis operations on thousands and thousands of individual pixels and pieces of data. The computers provided by University are total crap and my computer gets bogged down VERY quickly trying to do these computations.
If I had a decent s939 motherboard (much like the Chaintech VNF 4), I would be able then to purchase and overclock a nice AMD Athlon64 CPU that would be able to better handle the workload of my GIS projects and research. Please Legit Reviews, if you value my education and/or shrinking bank account, you will award me with a brand new s939 motherboard as to further enhance my studies in this ground-breaking field! Plus my cat just died and it would make the little guy feel SOO much better knowing that I have access to a good computer. So if you don’t do it for me, do it for the kitty! Very Happy"
Thanks!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Please Legit Reviews, if you value my education and/or shrinking bank account, you will award me with a brand new s939 motherboard as to further enhance my studies in this ground-breaking field! Plus my cat just died

ahhhh haha... the switch from "if you value my eduacation" to "my cat just died" is golden

Congrats QVblake!
FZ1

Re: Congratulation to the winner of the Chaintech VNF 4 Ultr

Post by FZ1 »

capper5016 wrote:gvblake22!!!!! Though there were a couple of pretty funny entries (You came THIS close Vstrom!!!!)
#-o I get the booby prize! I do have one small gripe...the contest rules specifically stated 100 words or less. I coulda added so much more! :snakeman:
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The winner had 238 words... Great now Capper is ignoring his own rules! :axe:
CTSxViper
Legit User
Legit User

Amen!!

Post by CTSxViper »

I checked mine to make sure I was under the 100 word limit. We could have said so much more.. :cry:
Does life get any better then this!!
:)
SlipSand
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by SlipSand »

Yeah more than 100 words. And Cats are ghey.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

well so far gvblake22 hasn't even posted back to his contest win, so if he doesn't respond today there will be a re-draw.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Geez guys....lighten up...there will be more contests and give aways......the story about a struggling kid who lost his kitty just got me all misty eyed.
Xerxes
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Xerxes »

lol
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Trust me guys...there will be more contests and giveaways....tell your friends, tell your friends to tell their friends.......
Right now I'm thinking of a membership drive....where the person who brings in the most new members over a 30 day period gets a really cool prize. Check back for that one soon.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I'm not complaining, mind you, just pointing out the discrepancy. I did spend some extra time on my entry racheting it down below 100 words. :-({|= I'm happy for the guy. It sounds like he needed it worse than I! =D>
Joe
SlipSand
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by SlipSand »

I hate cats. Been trying to get rid of the family ones for ages. :finga:

Yeah...pulling in member contests dont like me. I guess its bcuz I have no friends down here that are into computers.
I just moved from NJ to NC. Red-necks dont know what a LAN party is.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I spent about 6 yrs in NC.....and most of them don't know what indoor plumbing is.... let alone a computer....to most of them its probably some magic box with little people in it, made by the devil of course.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

carefull with the southern comments now people or i will get in my truck and hunt you down with a .22 rifle!

jk
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
SlipSand
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by SlipSand »

Agreed with what capper said. Horrible place it is. Nascar City. -And yes its considered a sport down here.

Thats why I want the mobo so bad. Bragging rights from the few people who do have computers...(The rich people from up north who find out land is cheap down here)
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

The land is cheap and the women are amazing and will not crack you over the head for no reason. Thats why i moved south, lots and lots of wonderfull souther women. The real challenge is finding ones who are not jesus freeks. Im not saying i have anything aganst them but they tend not to make the best girlfriends.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
SlipSand
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by SlipSand »

I 2nd that statement.

If he hasnt claimed that mobo can I have it? :mrgreen:
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Sorry...motherboard already shipped to the winner....... stay tuned for more contests.
SlipSand
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by SlipSand »

Way to follow ur own rules... :? Wow next contest im totally ignoring the rules so I win..
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Let it go man........ I think its pretty cool that we give things away :axe: