Congratulation to the winner of the Chaintech VNF 4 Ultra...

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

haha... for the next contest we'll put double entries in for everyone who is upset for the rules being broken on this one. I think that is a fair resolution for the matter. Since the board is already shipped and gone Rich and I can't bring it back and redo it. It was sad that this happened, but we have more stuff to give away!

Slip and others PM me and I'll put you on the list for double entries next contest.

- Nate
SlipSand
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by SlipSand »

:|
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Nahhhh...no double entries necessary. Seeing as how I was next in line in the running and I did follow the entry rules, no one else should really have a gripe 'cos if he didn't get it, I would have. Verstehen Sie? :-s
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Is blake alive? You just won a mobo! Be nice enough to stop in and say hi!
SlipSand
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by SlipSand »

Mayeb he lied...And his kitty is still alive. And he isnt doing all those jobs. Or he doesnt have a crappy computer.

Me dont like these kinds of contests. lol Too many bad things can happen. LIES! :x
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

We could just not have contests or giveaways.......posts like these really take the fun out of it for everyone
SlipSand
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by SlipSand »

Sorry. Brain was working. But thing is. If he wins. Wouldnt he get the email about it? At that point I would have gone cool and then kissed major ass in thanks for choosing me. He on the other hand has said nothing.

I do like contests. I think I was being Biast against the fact that he had a cat and was holding it against him.

Forgive my annoying stupidity and ranting.

:(
](*,) :prayer:

/stupidrant
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I know...and I sent him an email saying it was poor form,
As a side note.... I don't get paid for doing reviews or working on the site, my payment is being allowed to keep most of what I spend hours and hours working on, as well as helping people, and posting news. when i don't need something I try to think of creative and fun ways to give them away to members of our forums. I agree that rules are rules, but thought his was creative/pathetic/funny enough that he deserved the board.
SlipSand
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by SlipSand »

LOL...was the patheticly funy part his cat dying? Or just suggestions...Misty eyes = crying or laughing because of pathecially funny. :mrgreen:

And I am a member at Voidedwarranty and have been doing reviews. I was planning on cleaning up my act but the two main site owners dissapeared and I havent been able to finish up my reviews.

Most reviews are what I have won in contests from other sites. ACRyan gear and what not. :|
As long as they didnt do a review on it it helps but if they did I cant really.
I know what you mean about keeping it. Ravaging is fun.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I was a combination of the education....moving into his cat dying.
Hey, i picked an entry based on what i thought was creative and deserving
SlipSand
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by SlipSand »

Ohh you didnt happen to have a hilarious section in there now did you... :roll:
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I'm sorry to leave you guys stranded, I've been on spring break in Florida so have had limited access to internet. I arrived back home today so I will be sure to go and post. As far as my entry being over 100 words, again, I apologise, but I figured if it was too long you could have just disqualified me if you wanted. I am really not trying to be an unappreciative annoyance on the forums, I have been away for the past week and have only been able to check my e-mail quickly a couple times.

If I have messed something up too badly, you suppose you still have the ability to revoke my prize and award it to someone more deserving...

Thanks for understanding,
-Blake Terhune
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

SlipSand wrote:Mayeb he lied...And his kitty is still alive. And he isnt doing all those jobs. Or he doesnt have a crappy computer.

Me dont like these kinds of contests. lol Too many bad things can happen. LIES! :x
My cats name was Bibi and she is all black with two white spots on her belly. She was VERY fat (possibly the ultimate cause of her demise) and had a ton of hair which always used to aggrivate my allergies so I could get out of having to brush her :lol: Bibi was our family pet fo quite a while (I really can't even remember how old she is).
And I am a Geography student at Grand Valley State University:
http://gvsulakers.collegesports.com/spo ... ake00.html
http://www.gvsu.edu/geography/index.cfm ... E9557D7489

I also understand that it was unfair of me to appear as though I "Took the money and ran" but I was infact on spring break in Florida getting painfully sunburned (and having a little fun too :) ). I only had very limited access to the internet while I was there so I didn't even know this thread existed untill I got back home (today). The 22 hour drive from Ft. Lauterdale to Grand Rapids is a little time consuming :(
So again, I apologise for seeming like an inconsiderate @$$...

As for winning this contest with an entry that is more than 100 words, I also apologise but I am kindof a "wordy" person (as you can see) and I just wanted to make sure I got my point across. I figured that if it was too long that capper would just disqualify it and no harm would be done. So if he decides that he wants to change his mind and award this baord to the next best 100 word essay, then so be it.

I think that the fact that a website/forum such as this even considers give-aways like this is simply amazing and really shows a true commitment to the enthusiast community we are all a part of!

I will be glad to post pics of the board when it arrives if anyone is interested. My immediate plan is to pair this board up with a Winchester 3200 (or Venice if it ever comes out :roll: ), a 6600GT, and possibly a Gig of some good RAM (hopefully TCCD based) if my funds allow for it. Otherwise I will be using 2x256mb Kingston HyperX PC-3200 (with CH-5 chips). The speed of this build will depend mostly on how fast I can find buyers for my old parts to pay for the new ones.

So thanks again to everyone at Legit Forums, I am still pretty new here but YOU GUYS ROCK!!! :prayer:
Last edited by gvblake22 on Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SlipSand
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by SlipSand »

HE LIVES! Well nice to know your not just some schmok. :)
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Yep....thanks Blake for letting us know you were alive.....you should have your board sometime this comi9ng week. Enjoy it and make sure to keep us up to date on your system build....and take some pics
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Glad you had a safe spring break, and enjoy your new mobo, if you need to buy a CPU for it you might want to wait until mid April as the new AMD venice core is out then with memory controler improvements and SSE3
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

infinitevalence wrote:Glad you had a safe spring break, and enjoy your new mobo, if you need to buy a CPU for it you might want to wait until mid April as the new AMD venice core is out then with memory controler improvements and SSE3
Yeah, thats kinda what I was thinkin too. Does anyone know if there will be lower PR'd Venice core chips available (like a 3000 or 3200) when they first come out or probably just high end ones?
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

On the road maps i have seen yes, they will start with the 3000+ up to the 4200+ i think.
SlipSand
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by SlipSand »

Thats it?! My XP 2500+ is at 3600+ speeds... :|
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Your like a lot of people that are thinking "why upgrade" and your right there is very little performance increase from an overclocked XP to an A64. The reason i upgraded was because my 2500+ M only gave me a small overclock , i now have my system running at 2.6ghz and i have PCI-Express which was the upgrade i was really waiting for since i did not want to blow a crap load of $$ on an AGP video card just to have it obsoleated by PCI-E.