Raid Cleaner...?

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
Tok
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Raid Cleaner...?

Post by Tok »

I'm selling this Maxtor raid drive I have but first I need to delete out everything that I had on it like passwords and all my bank stuff. is there a good free drive cleaner. Thanks for any info.
jtm55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Raid Cleaner...?

Post by jtm55 »

Hi All,

Western Digital has a Program called Data Lifeguard Diagnostic For Windows. This program can erase all of your Data by writing Zeros to your drive effectively erasing all of your data. Here's the link http://support.wdc.com/download/index.a ... 999&swid=3

Maybe Maxtor has a simular program, however I don't think you'd have a problem with the Western Digital program.

Hope this helps.
ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99 Intel Core i7-5960X 32GB Crucial Ballistik DDR 4 2400 CRYORIG R1
EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X Dell U3011 CODE 104-Key MX Green EVGA TORQ X10
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2 Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200 RPM 128MB
Marantz NR 1403 Energy RC 10 Speakers HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 Subwoofer Juli@XTe Sound card
Cooler Master Cosmos II Seasonic X-Series X-1050
Tok
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Tok »

Thank you jtm55 for the link and reply, I'II give it a try. I was on Maxtor site and did not see anything like that but maybe I looked right passed it. Thanks again. :)
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Just get Darik's boot-n-nuke, hook ONLY the drives to be formated up, boot the machine to the CD and the program does a D.O.D. format for the drives hooked up.

http://dban.sourceforge.net/
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Tok
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Tok »

Thanks bubba for the reply and the link, I'II give it a try, thanks again. O:)
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Remember to hook up ONLY the drives you want to format, one too many times have I seen (and done myself) guys format the wrong drive.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Tok
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Tok »

I have it set as mirror raid with two drives, not sure which drive it is though in Matrix, guess I'II just take the drive off I'm going to keep and start up the computer and see if I can read just the one drive I'm going to clean out. Thank you for the heads up bubba . O:) I downloaded the boot with floppy version of Darik's boot-n-nuke.