Crysis Multiplayer?

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
goldenchessboard
Legit User
Legit User

Crysis Multiplayer?

Post by goldenchessboard »

now that the game has been released.. how is the multiplayer? the singleplayer is obviously amazing, but is the multiplayer just as good or will it get old quickly

havent seen many opinions on this yet!
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Crysis Multiplayer?

Post by vicaphit »

I haven't played any multiplayer, but I hear that it is lacking a Team Deathmatch mode.

I imagine it would be fun as hell becasue EVERYONE has the special suit powers. It isn't a powerup that only one person gets and dominates!
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
goldenchessboard
Legit User
Legit User

vicaphit wrote:I haven't played any multiplayer, but I hear that it is lacking a Team Deathmatch mode.

I imagine it would be fun as hell becasue EVERYONE has the special suit powers. It isn't a powerup that only one person gets and dominates!
i dont see the big deal with team deathmatch.. wouldnt that be pretty similar to power struggle? =S
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

Now where else have I seen this thread before..... :lol:

Multiplayer wise I think Crysis has some potential but if it takes a whole heck of alot of bullets to make a kill like in the single player it might not unless you try for nothing but headshots.

None the less games like COD4 and UT are more suited for MP since games like that have been doing it for a while.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
goldenchessboard
Legit User
Legit User

werty316 wrote:Now where else have I seen this thread before..... :lol:

Multiplayer wise I think Crysis has some potential but if it takes a whole heck of alot of bullets to make a kill like in the single player it might not unless you try for nothing but headshots.

None the less games like COD4 and UT are more suited for MP since games like that have been doing it for a while.
hi werty. i really dont mind difficult kills.. means you might consider cooler ways of killing people (running them over, headshots, using fists, shooting with tanks or vehicle turrets or more powerful guns, aiming for the vehicle or explosive barrel instead of the person..)
if COD4 is just like the previous three im not interested.. i'd even prolly prefer to play crysis beta

anyhow thx.. thats mostly speculation though, hopefully it isnt correct :P
anyone actually tried out the multiplayer for several hours, and able to directly compare it to cs or bf or cod4?
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Well I bought the game and i dont know what to think of it so far. I havent played the multiplayer yet, but the single player is certainly full of action. I dont know if its cause im not much into single player, but there is sooooo much to the game. I mean i thought there was a lot of buttons and stuff in BF2, but DANG!!!! I keep hitting wrong buttons, and keep having trouble hitting the right button to do the right thing. I normally dont have trouble with that. Oh well.

Also i had to get the beta drivers to utilize SLI, which sucked.
goldenchessboard
Legit User
Legit User

well I've heard multiple thoughts on crysis MP now. I think it takes time to get used to.. people dont like the first 30 mins and altf4

It takes a couple hours, but after that its extremely fun.
Also, people arent really taking it seriously yet.. mostly run and gun/observing pretty sights

after a while and a few patches I guarantee crysis will be the best MP there is
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I wish I could take a look at the MP levels. I try to set up a lan game, and then it tells me the game will start as soon as another person joins, but I just want to run around the levels to check them out by myself!

Ok, OK, I just want to fire the TAC cannon from a tank
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Well, I'm far enough into the game where i am up against the aliens or whatever. I think I was happier fighting the KPA troops. :| Haven't tried MP yet and prolly won't.
Joe