AMD cans Quad FX

Discussions about AMD Processors and overclocking. Need help with that new AMD CPU or not sure which one to buy? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Processors only!
FeRaL
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

AMD cans Quad FX

Post by FeRaL »

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/11/30 ... s_quadfx/1

In lieu of recent events, this news does not surprise me... It's a shame to see how AMD is heading back to its underdog beginnings.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AMD cans Quad FX

Post by Apoptosis »

It's a shame to see how AMD is heading back to its underdog beginnings.
AMD took the performance lead, but Intel knew they screwed up and went back to the lab and designed Core 2... AMD has screwed up with Phenom... They need to scrap this core as soon as they can like Intel did with Prescott and move on to the next unless they can pull something amazing off with their upcoming die shrink.
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

:cry: That would have been a really nice processor for the existing motherboards out there today. :cry:
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

AMD has been the Underdog for a while now (again) and it looks as if this trend will continue for at least the foreseeable future............. :shock:

And I used to really like AMD, they used to be all I owned and had in my house at one time.
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

Ahh AMD, loving them is a little like loving an unfaithful woman you might get a little satisfaction but you never know where she's going afterwards.
FeRaL
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by FeRaL »

Apoptosis wrote:
It's a shame to see how AMD is heading back to its underdog beginnings.
AMD took the performance lead, but Intel knew they screwed up and went back to the lab and designed Core 2... AMD has screwed up with Phenom... They need to scrap this core as soon as they can like Intel did with Prescott and move on to the next unless they can pull something amazing off with their upcoming die shrink.
Man, should should give someone a call at AMD. After hearing you say that, it makes me wonder if they actually would do that and learn from their mistakes, or be like a dog and eat its own barf... :vom:

Methious wrote:Ahh AMD, loving them is a little like loving an unfaithful woman you might get a little satisfaction but you never know where she's going afterwards.
That quote reminds me so much of when I was in the Navy and dating a model. She was a blast to be with, but you never knew what the next f'd up thing she was about to do. I could only see her for three months at a time, and that's not because my ship went out to see all the time...