Dancing for the Man.

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
TristanM
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Dancing for the Man.

Post by TristanM »

So - I keep having to assert my knowledge of Irish Labour law to my bosses. Somehow I still get screwed. I'm about to have new boss who I used to tell how to do her job. I won't work for her. I told my current bosses this. I got into a fight with my old boss about the job, because he was defending the company over people's rights. He claimed nobody got the job. So much for honesty. The company I work for is pushing the boundaries of respectable business practice - and anyone who might agree or disagree know that I am probably right since I know the labour law a bit better than them. I was union shop steward after all... still am in fact... but the new contract I'm on means I got called today by a guy (no names (CM) mentioned) that means I have to work tomorrow, and since I'm on my holidays it's illegal for them to call me at all. I could just say "screw you guys, you denied me the job I applied for" but I didn't. Instead I worked like hell. They still denied me the job... now I might be working for a moron. And it sucks. I'm going mean on these buttheads if I don't move back home first... Jerks. Canada - here I come.
FZ1

Re: Dancing for the Man.

Post by FZ1 »

Ken, buy this man a pint! :drinkers:
Joe
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Maybe 2!
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I know a couple people that are real good at what they do, and they have been pasted up for promotions many times for people they trained/hired, down side to being real good at what you do. Company will keep you there because they know that the job is being done right. Sucks though.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson