Antec P190 Black Mid Tower Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Bigger and better than the rest, the P190 has room to handle even the biggest hardware: Extended ATX, multiple graphics cards, quad-core processors, and liquid cooling are all no problem for the P190. Powering all your hardware in this case is the unique 1200W Neo-Link dual power supply system. Read on to see if this new offering from Antec’s performance series is what you need for your next system. With Intel SkullTrail platforms coming out soon this case might be perfect for it!

Article Title: Antec P190 Black Mid Tower Case Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/589/1/
Pricing at Time of Print: $291.10 Plus Shipping
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Antec P190 Black Mid Tower Case Review

Post by Methious »

I just need to know one thing, Is the case married cause I'm in love with it. My only fear about the case/power supply arrangement would be if the PSU ever tanked what kind of replacement terms do they have, and if your out of pocket what is the replacement cost.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

The PSU's are standard size, so if one or both should die after the warranty is up you could by a standard size PSU to replace it if your so choose, you would just have a hole on one side unless you made a cover plate.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by top »

This will be my next case. I have the P180 and wish it was just a little bigger. The P190 is the answer to the problem. Excellent cooling, Water cooling capabilities and noise dampening along with setup convenience is certainly top priority for the most hardcore enthusiast and the P190 delivers it in all aspects.

BUT I would say that this case is not ideal for stacking lots of hard drives from a cooling perspective. Can one fan cool six hard drives?

I ask that because what if you wanted to Watercool your HD's? I don't think you'll even be able to fit six hard drives top and bottom with each of them having an external cooling device. Right now on my P180, I have 2 HDs on the bottom rack with Vantec coolers on em and no more hard drives will be able to fit.
AKHandyman
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by AKHandyman »

I just put together this rig using the P190 and I will say that it was one of the easiest builds I have ever done ... 8) Plenty of room and the wiring management was a breeze ... I'll just have to start working out in order to move that from my desk to the floor though ... :oops: (or any other place for that matter ... :cry: ) The Rig:
Intel DX38BT with QX9650 (9x333)
Two HD2900XT (X-fire)
Two 320GB Seagates in RAID 0
Two 750GB Seagates in RAID 1
4GB Corsair Dominator DDR3
Two Lite-on optical drives. Win XP64 ... This rig is slightly OC'd, nothing to write home about, but very stable. Has enormous potential!!!

Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by top »

Very Nice!
soulf1nder
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by soulf1nder »

Hello everyone.

Really nice system you have. I have something like that too but my P190 is quite difficult with me, the Neolinked PSU especially.
I'm used to pc building but when I build this one, when I started it for the first time, my 500Go HDD, my 2 dvd-rw pioneer, my zalman reobus (everything connected to the 550W PSU) didn't work (my dvd-rw drive don't eject, I think there is no alimentation) but I must be! I connected the green-black wire together. And when I connect a fan (the door's 200mm fan for instance) it's spinning normally. I can access Bios but if not it tells me no system disk, of course. So motherboard, cpu, vga is working perfectly.
I don't understand.

Maybe it comes from the fact I used my previous PSU's electric cable instead of one of the 2 antec's, but it really doesn't matter.

My system:
Intel QX6600 quad core
4x1Gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2
8800GTX 768Mb
Creative X-Fi Platinum (with the I/O front rack)
Samsung Barracuda 500Go SATA HDD
2x Pioneer 111D (I think), 1 IDE, 1 SATA
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

This may sound like a silly question, but you do have power cables plugged into both PSU's correct. I ask because you said in your post that you didn't use the Antec cables just the one from your old system. I'm sure you did, but it one of those things if you don't ask..

If they are, recheck all the modular cables to make sure they are seated. Get a multi meter and check to see what power the 550w is putting out (if any). Outside of that make a call to Antec and see what they have to say.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson