Bioshock Won't Launch

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
charlie264
Legit User
Legit User

Bioshock Won't Launch

Post by charlie264 »

I have "loaded" Bioshock on to 2 computers at my home in an attempt to get just one of them to launch the game. I recieved the game on Christmas and after numerous attempts with Securom was able to complete the registering of the game. Now when I try to launch the game on my big rig it "blue screens" and reboots! On another machine it shows an icon of a spinning cd and then nothing, I checked the running proccess and there is nothing there for Bioshock. Anyone else having similar issues? I have been trying to get help from 2K and so far the only aid they have provided is to tell me to go to the properties (r-click)my desktop shorstcut and select compatibility and select Win XPSP2, well that is the system that I use and the OS that it was installed in so there is NO option for that since it is the DEFAULT. What is wrong with these people???? I have sent the dxdiag and the other one that securom needs to them, I guess they do not take the time to look at them, only require that we send them to them.
Machine 1 AMD 6000X2 on ASUS M2n-SLI deluxe with 4GB of OCZ platinum pc26400 mem, 2 nvidia 8600GTS Superclocked Video cards and over 1TB of ddrive space. I would think that would be enough?!?!
Machine 2 AMD 4200X2 on Biostar SLI-NF4 v1.0 with 2.5GB of Kingston pc400 ram, ATI HD2600XT and 500GB of drive space. Not as much but I think enough for the game.
Both have large power suppolies (over 600w) and I have adjusted the virtual memory as found on another website all to no avail. If anyone can help before I throw the &%#% game in the fire I would really appreciate it.

Charlie
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Bioshock Won't Launch

Post by vicaphit »

You're about to get really disappointed when you finally get it working. Sorry though, don't know how to solve the problem.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
dkarko
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by dkarko »

Hi! Welcome

Do you have any virtual drive apps installed? Like daemon tools or Alcohol? To my knowledge Securom doesnt play well at all with these programs! A friend had a similar problem with a securom'd game and he solved it by uninstalling daemon tools

Hope this helps
"Παν ΜέτÏ
charlie264
Legit User
Legit User

Post by charlie264 »

I do have Alcohol120 installed, it has never caused a problem before but I suppose there is a first time for everything... I will try uninstalling it and see if it makes any difference. There was a game in the past that I had trouble with on my sons machine (the 4200) it was the Gravis conyroller that kept the game from launching, after finally getting it to launch it was a major disapointment. Anyone remember Spiderman 3? I think he played it for 1 day after a week of fighting to get it to work. I will never be surprised by what silly things block progress at times.
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

I don't know if I can recommend this. But, I think I can. I do it with almost all of my games that are legit. I don't like having to use cds. SO. I download no cd cracks. I doubt I'm ALLOWED to send you the thing to test it. But, I know that with one of my games. Oblivion. I downloaded a bad one and screwed up bad. I couldn't reinstall or anything. Out of stupidity I deleted the game from the program file. Thus making it impossible to uninstall. From these forums I learned to do it via registry and reinstall. Not knowing what made it happen I reinstalled the BAD crack and well, did it again. This time I was smarter. I left all files intact. And got a different exe. it worked. For you I dunno. The BSOD is usually not a good thing. Not related to game failure. But, memory or something hardware. I had a problem that caused it and wasn't hardware but, its very rare. As for the other pc. Bioshock. WILL install using acly120 But, won't run if you take the disk out and try to use it to run it.
Example.
I have a legit cd. Before I knew how easy it was to use a cd crack I used to save all my games to my hard drive.. 300gb of them. THEN, some didn't work still. I found out I have 299gb more space to just dl cracks. I like to be able to click an icon and play my games. Not bust out my cd case.
bioshock was one of the games that didn't like it.