DG33TL won't shut down if LAN plugged

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
infire
Legit User
Legit User

DG33TL won't shut down if LAN plugged

Post by infire »

if i unplugged Lan, yes it works nicely, but if Lan is plugged all fans, power, lights(?), etc... do not turn off..
how can I fix this?
please help me guys...

BIOS Updated.
All Drivers Updated.

Q6600, 2gig ram(1gig PC2-6400, Mushkin X 2), HDD SATA2
Kliggie
Legit User
Legit User

Re: DG33TL won't shut down if LAN plugged

Post by Kliggie »

Can I ask what op system and what sound card are you using
DG33Bu,E6700
Kingston 667 2gbs
Seagate 320g 7200.10 sata
7950 GTX video
XP PRO
infire
Legit User
Legit User

Post by infire »

Kliggie wrote:Can I ask what op system and what sound card are you using
OP is XP SP2 everything is updated(Windows Update) and using Onboard(stock) sound card.
If I try to shut down the computer(Lan plugged), only the screen and the HDD are shutting down.. :cry: :cry:
Kliggie
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Kliggie »

How did you load xp,and are you using the onboard lan or a ethernet card.
DG33Bu,E6700
Kingston 667 2gbs
7950 GTX video
XP PRO
infire
Legit User
Legit User

Post by infire »

Kliggie wrote:How did you load xp,and are you using the onboard lan or a ethernet card.
what your mean by load xp?
yes i'm using onboard lan..
Kliggie
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Kliggie »

When we bought that motherboard( xp pro) we had to get a certain model of usb floppy drive in order to install the third party drivers (one that xp would recognize as an A drive at installation.That's why I was questioning , was wondering if you had slippedstreamed the third party drivers on which could make things act up,We have had no problems at all with this board,I have read on this forum that a few of the Bx2 board are having lan problems.
DG33Bu,E6700
Kingston 667 2gbs
7950 GTX video
XP PRO
infire
Legit User
Legit User

Post by infire »

Kliggie wrote:When we bought that motherboard( xp pro) we had to get a certain model of usb floppy drive in order to install the third party drivers (one that xp would recognize as an A drive at installation.That's why I was questioning , was wondering if you had slippedstreamed the third party drivers on which could make things act up,We have had no problems at all with this board,I have read on this forum that a few of the Bx2 board are having lan problems.
I see... I naver have done something with 3rd party drviers on this computer... and I actually do not know about that..
I just load XP Sp2 pro from cd( CD-rom boot first) and intalled XP..., so what should I do for this problem..? do I have to get usb floppy drive?
Kliggie
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Kliggie »

You can try going into the Bios under boot up and scroll down to networking make sure it's not enabled .
DG33Bu,E6700
Kingston 667 2gbs
7950 GTX video
XP PRO
infire
Legit User
Legit User

Post by infire »

still same.. any other ways to fix this problem?
damn.. what is wrong with my #%!@ motherboard..
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I agree with the BIOS settings - check for somethign about booting from LAN - make sure it is off. You want the network enabled, but you do not need to boot from it.

Also get the new BIOS update from Intel. I just installed that board with a Q6700 and there is an updated BIOS.

let me go find it since I am a nice person :p

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product ... 6&lang=eng

select your OS and the first one should be the BIOS update. See if that helps.

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Ratman_84
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Ratman_84 »

Holy crap. The same exact thing is happening to me. Everything shuts down except the lights/fans. AND, if I let it sit like that, in about 20 seconds, the computer restarts itself. So I just wait for the monitor to shut off and then I flip the power switch on the PSU. It's really annoying.

I tried updating the BIOS, and I even used Intel's BIOS updating executable and the computer shut down and then wouldn't restart. So I powered down, restarted, got a checksum error and then when I got to Windows I noticed a performance loss. Sure enough, I lost 600-700 3dmarks. I even tried updating the BIOS by doing it off a bootable CD and it wouldn't work. I'm not a happy camper right now. I'm thinking about trying to get my money back for the Intel board and buying another manufacturer's board. This is unnacceptable.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Why would you ever shut a computer off anyway?

Also - are you sure the BIOS settings are correct?

Another idea - turn it of and let it sit with the fans and such running - does it go off after a couple minutes/hours? It might just be cooling everything down until it reaches a certain temp.

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Ratman_84
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Ratman_84 »

I said that if I left it alone, after about 20 seconds, the computer restarts itself. I first noticed when I shut it down for the first time, walked away, and when I came back it was back at the desktop.

HOWEVER, it looks like disabling "boot from network" fixed the problem. Very very strange that it would cause that problem. But I'm still having the performance issue from updating the BIOS. Which I'm not happy about considering I even used Intel's automatic updating tool to do it. A 600-700 3dmark performance drop is pretty large. I can even see the drop in response time when I'm navigating Windows.

I think it's safe to say that this board is a piece of junk. I'm thinking about going out and buying another board and seeing if I can return this one to Intel. You can't even overclock it, which is not cool.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Ratman_84 wrote: But I'm still having the performance issue from updating the BIOS. Which I'm not happy about considering I even used Intel's automatic updating tool to do it. A 600-700 3dmark performance drop is pretty large. I can even see the drop in response time when I'm navigating Windows.
hrmmm - I guess I should have tested before i did the update :( Is there a way to roll back to the previous BIOS on Intel boards? Will have to do some research. I always grab the newest BIOS right away, kinda like the drivers.

Mike

glad you got it fixed!
sygnus21
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by sygnus21 »

infire wrote:
Kliggie wrote:I see... I naver have done something with 3rd party drviers on this computer... and I actually do not know about that..
I just load XP Sp2 pro from cd( CD-rom boot first) and intalled XP..., so what should I do for this problem..? do I have to get usb floppy drive?
I know this is a little late...but are you using RAID? If so, from what you said above, you never installed the RAID drivers. That could be a problem.

Also this sounds a lot like this one here: http://forums.legitreviews.com/about8778.html
New to "this" forum, not forums!
tormentor
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by tormentor »

are u sure all the LAN options on the bios are off?
c there is an option called wakeup on lan is that disabled, that maybe the one causing the problem...
Ratman_84
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Ratman_84 »

Yeah, let us know if you can find the original BIOS. I want to downgrade back to those.