Minimum Assassin's Creed Specs Surpass Crysis

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Minimum Assassin's Creed Specs Surpass Crysis

Post by Apoptosis »

I was looking at Shack News and saw I missed the System Recommendations for the upcoming game title Assassin's Creed! They are to say the least insane as they recommend a video card with 512MB of memory an Intel Core 2 Dual-Core processor over 2.2GHz and at least 3GB of system memory!
The upcoming PC version of Ubisoft Montreal's premeditated murder simulator Asssassin's Creed (PC, PS3, X360) will require, at a bare minimum, 2 GB of RAM, though 3 GB is recommended.

The outrageous system minimum system requirements, which are listed below, not only surpass those of Crytek's recently released Crysis (PC), but even exceed its recommended specifications at points. Said to be a future proof hallmark of technical prowess, Crysis only mandates 1 GB of RAM, though 2 GB is recommended.

The list of minimum system requirements is as follows:

Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)
RAM: 2 GB (3 GB recommended)
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0–compliant video card or DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB video card recommended) (see supported list)*
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)
DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 libraries (included on disc)
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
Hard Drive Space: 12 GB
Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
ATI RADEON X1300-1950 / HD 2000 / 3000 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600-6800 / 7 / 8 / 9 series
What do you guys think about that?
maj0r_pawnage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Minimum Assassin's Creed Specs Surpass Crysis

Post by maj0r_pawnage »

I think they wil be surprised when people stop buying their games because they are tired of* spending hundreds of dollars trying to keep up with technolgy, Crysis pulled it off, but I think there is a breaking point for everything.
E6300 @ 3.51GHz 1.392v
Asus Maximus Formula
Antec 550Watt Psu
Mushkin DDR-1206@ 5-5-5-15 / 2.28v
Zalman CPU Cooler CNPS7700
6408800GTS(OC 691MHz Core/2.132GHz Mem)
2x80mm case fans +2x120mm case fans
ViPeR.Ja
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by ViPeR.Ja »

wow wonder how fast it will run with a Nvidia 6150 LE :lol:
Dell Sucks.... In my opinion anyways
New Rig
AMD Phenom II 955 at 3.2ghz
DFI 790
4GB OCZ 1066mhz
MSI 280 GTX
650Watts Antec Truepower Trio
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Thing is, people will find out it is cheaper to buy a game console rather than keeping on shelling out hundreds of dollars at least once a year to keep the video up to date. I never liked consoles till I realised that every game made for a console will ALWAYS work with that console. No upgrading of $600 video cards to play a game!

Still think the prices they charge for new games is ridiculous, especially without a money back guarantee!

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
liqnit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by liqnit »

As long as VISTA is not a NUST the using 3GB system on Windows XP 32Bit is almost useless
the system is managing t such amount of memory very good and also need some added Boot.ini switches to work better with such amount of memory.

when regarding VISTA i think most of the computer runing VISTA bought by gamers have at least 2GB or MORE RAM.

And i do agree that making games with such high demand will make less people buy it
Cannyone
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Cannyone »

KnightRid wrote:Thing is, people will find out it is cheaper to buy a game console rather than keeping on shelling out hundreds of dollars at least once a year to keep the video up to date. I never liked consoles till I realised that every game made for a console will ALWAYS work with that console. No upgrading of $600 video cards to play a game!

Still think the prices they charge for new games is ridiculous, especially without a money back guarantee!

Mike
Couldn't agree more Mike!! I was given an Xbox 360 Last October. And I'm really impressed with the games. One of my favorites, Mass Effect, isn't even available on the PC. But I haven't had that much fun with a single player RPG since Fallout 1&2. The result was that by the time Crysis was released I took note of the performance I might expect from my system and decided to forgo even purchasing it. Assassin's Creed for the PC will probably be graphically amazing. Yet I'm simply not interested. I would expect the Xbox 360 version to work better and not require a significant PC upgrade.

On the flip side, I will probably want to upgrade once Age of Conan arrives. As there are cases where Mouse/Keyboard controls are still going to be preferable. (Now if MS could just manage to work out the issues with Vista... ](*,) )
Intel Core i7 4820K @ 4 GHz | Asus Rampage IV Formula | 16GB Patriot DDR3-1866 | Asus Poseidon GTX 780 water cooled... (other stuff too <- 500 char limit!)
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

Yeah pretty rediculous if you ask me, but didn't Dan already post about this on this forum just a little bit more slang in the title. Such as PWns Crysis!?
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Keep up nate, some of us knew about this a week ago :mrgreen:

but yeah, pretty crazy specs.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

When does this come out?
Joe
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Early March I believe. It was supposed to come out mid Februrary, but the rumor is they pushed it back. I don't think anyone knows for sure.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
goldenchessboard
Legit User
Legit User

Post by goldenchessboard »

I can't believe a city would have higher requirements than a tropical island.. but anyhow, i'm sure it's poorly optimized. If it runs on PS3 fine how can it have so much trouble running on PC? It's gonna lose a lot of money, way more than crysis did, because of its reqs.. I have a brand new $1400 comp (with moniter) and dont even meet the min reqs
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Im guessing they are overestimating so when someone says "it doesn't run well!" they can just reply, your computer didn't cost $5000 so you won't be able to run it well.

I doubt it will be more graphics intensive than Crysis.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

vicaphit wrote:I doubt it will be more graphics intensive than Crysis.
I don't care if it looks like crap. The game still has to be better than Crysis. Both Far Cry and now Crysis are just Crytek's way of showing off their engine. Too bad too because I don't remember one game that used the engine from Far Cry.
inko1nsiderate
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by inko1nsiderate »

vicaphit wrote:Im guessing they are overestimating so when someone says "it doesn't run well!" they can just reply, your computer didn't cost $5000 so you won't be able to run it well.

I doubt it will be more graphics intensive than Crysis.
I think it is unreasonable to have to have a $5,000 computer to fully enjoy one of the most powerful story telling mediums. Minimum specs like these are why you see the console business growing so fast.
diasdm
Legit User
Legit User

Post by diasdm »

Wow, thats a huge requirement.
If only I had a super computer...
Nowadays, games are made with top grafics cards in mind, not users.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I had thought about building a new computer...even had a thread about it. Now I realize that I am growing older, and will be getting engaged soon (hopefully), and a gaming PC is not something I need if I have to put $1000 into it to play the games I want.

I know my girlfriend likes to play GTA and Assassin's creed, so I may make my next gaming maching a PS3.
----
Andy

Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

NOOOO Vicaphit you must not turn to the dark side, just kidding, I can understand the go to a console mentality, but then every year or so they go to a new console so your back where you started. I realized video games for computer were going down an intensive upgrade route a while back, most are more GPU intensive than cpu intensive so I stayed on the cheaper AMD platform and went higher end on the GPU.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I will keep my computer running games, but I won't be able to explain hundreds of dollars worth of upgrades to someone who is helping me pay for those upgrades.

PCs are obsolete within months of a purchase, and consoles take a few years.
----
Andy

Vermillion
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Vermillion »

That's insane system requirement. I just hope it isn't true or i'll really turn to console :?
MSI 975X Platinum
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 OCed @ 2.88 Ghz 1.25v
MSI 9800GTX Plus
A-Data Vitesta Extreme Edition 4GB
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

They get a few games that flop in sales because of high requirements the marketing departments will analyze the flops and they'll back up requirements or go out of business. On the other hand though I usually wait until the price drops on the games before I invest (unless its one I really love) and by the time it hits the $20 shelf (6 to 9 months usually) my machine is more than a match for it. If they'd let me upgrade my console (yes I have 2) then I'd be more enthusiastic about it. Right now Microsoft will kill your online privileges for just upgrading the cooling system to prevent the dreaded "Red Dawn" over heating issue. I find it disturbing that they allow for scanning your box for anomalies in the first place.