Apple Launches How-To Site For New Mac Users

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Apple Launches How-To Site For New Mac Users

Post by bubba »

http://www.informationweek.com/news/sho ... =206101197
Apple has launched a subsection of its site that offers dozens of how-to videos to try to sway Windows users and to help new Mac customers get started.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Apple Launches How-To Site For New Mac Users

Post by vbironchef »

So do think that the Mac has Microsoft beat? I am waiting to buy a new 45mn laptop. What should I get? Apple pro or H.P. I like the fact that Apple has a 64 bit op. Vista sounds like a dud. What does the forum think?
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Erm, how much RAM does the laptop have?

1GB with vista is like running XP with 512MB. You need 2GB to run it comfortably.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

I want to get at least 2g of memory. I heard that 4 is best if you dual boot.
w00fd06
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by w00fd06 »

vbironchef wrote:So do think that the Mac has Microsoft beat? I am waiting to buy a new 45mn laptop. What should I get? Apple pro or H.P. I like the fact that Apple has a 64 bit op. Vista sounds like a dud. What does the forum think?
there's always 64-bit XP Pro
ZhengHe
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by ZhengHe »

w00fd06 wrote:
vbironchef wrote:So do think that the Mac has Microsoft beat? I am waiting to buy a new 45mn laptop. What should I get? Apple pro or H.P. I like the fact that Apple has a 64 bit op. Vista sounds like a dud. What does the forum think?
there's always 64-bit XP Pro
By far the better option if you ask me, at least vs. Vista. By the way, what does Mac OSX Leopard need as far as hardware to run effectively?
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

vbironchef wrote:So do think that the Mac has Microsoft beat?
I have more than one person ask me in the last couple months since Vista's release ask me about Mac's. Most are still turned off by the price of Mac's

I built a couple machines for some, others bit the bullet and made the change to Vista.

Does Apple have M$ beat?? Until the programs I like to use (mainly AutoCAD) can run on Linux or a Mac I'm stuck (along with most the business world) with M$, but I will be avoiding Vista as long as I can for full daily use.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

That's what I thought. Nobody likes Vista. Looks like i'm going with a mac. 64 bit windows is kind of hard to find software for firewall and anti-virus the last time I checked. Only time will tell what I will get. The faster the better. :)