anyone seen cloverfield?

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
pmanipole
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

anyone seen cloverfield?

Post by pmanipole »

saw it friday. not a bad movie.. you get used the the shaky camera after several minutes. the monster kicks some butt in it. not a bad movie. anyone was to post their opionion of it go for it.
FZ1

Re: anyone seen cloverfield?

Post by FZ1 »

Meh, it was entertaining but that's about it.
Joe
pmanipole
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by pmanipole »

i really wish they explained what and where the beast came from. i understand why they did not(part 2) but a little insight would of helped the story. my guess is the beast is the first in a invasion of earth by aliens. the monster is the troop carrier for the aliens which can be seen as they jump off it.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I wish they would make a NORMAL version for dvd without the shaking camera that makes a lot of people puke ;)

I cant go see it because I get motion sickness...would not be a pretty site.

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
inko1nsiderate
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by inko1nsiderate »

pmanipole wrote:i really wish they explained what and where the beast came from. i understand why they did not(part 2) but a little insight would of helped the story. my guess is the beast is the first in a invasion of earth by aliens. the monster is the troop carrier for the aliens which can be seen as they jump off it.
They sort of do in the viral campaign. They had all of these websites of a "evil" jappanesse coporation doing a bunch of deep deep sea drilling and another of an "eco terrorist" organization trying to fight them. In it they mention one of the companies deep sea drilling sites suddenly lost all communcation and when they sent in a team to get proof that the company was doing something terrible it also disappeared.

Anyway, the movie was worth my money. It was a good piece of entertainment, certainly nothing new, but at least it was nothing new done well.
skier

Post by skier »

i saw it the day after it came out, loved it, and the ending leads into a sequel, FYI

i've heard a lot of opinions saying it was bad, but i've held my ground

marlena exploding will always be awesome :supz: those little things were crazy, remind me of antlions from HL2 :shock:
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

all I could think of was the little things that came off the big monster looked like head crabs from half life. It wasn't the best, but I was bored and it made for an entertaining night.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I heard it was good, but I have nobody to go to the movies with in this area. Maybe I will just wait for it to come out on DVD. The person who told me it was good is someone I always trust with movie reviews. He said there wasn't much story, but the concept of an invasion through the eyes of one person is apealing to me. I loved the scene in War of the Worlds where Tom Cruise is running and hiding behind cars when the Tripod first came out of the ground. This movie sounds like it is an hour and a half of just that type of scene.

I now hate Tom Cruise... for the record.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
w00fd06
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by w00fd06 »

skierkid450 wrote:marlena exploding will always be awesome :supz: those little things were crazy, remind me of antlions from HL2 :shock:
yeah, loved the whole thing that the army dubbed "a bite", very bloody

i wish that they would have given more information IN the movie as opposed to giving most of it in the viral marketing

at the end, i was joking with some friends about how the theatre were probably playing the other half of the movie (the end seemed too abrupt) during the credits, and i really wanted to stay after, but they all said no :roll: , and as it turns out, there was a sound bit AFTER the credits!!
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

dgood wrote:all I could think of was the little things that came off the big monster looked like head crabs from half life.
I thought the same thing. The people I went with didn't have a clue what I was talking about.
Joe
skier

Post by skier »

w00fd06 wrote: and as it turns out, there was a sound bit AFTER the credits!!
i know, it said something that leads into a sequel, like, "will you help us" or something like that, i forget
-Austin
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
w00fd06
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by w00fd06 »

skierkid450 wrote:i know, it said something that leads into a sequel, like, "will you help us" or something like that, i forget
I looked it up in a few places, and rob was yelling "it's still alive!!" (SEQUEL SEQUEL SEQUEL!!!) with even more monster chasing mayem! :axe:
skier

Post by skier »

yeah, well i didnt see it myself(the end end) but my friend saw it twice and stayed the second time, i just didnt remember EXACTLY what he had said
-Austin
Topher
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Topher »

I had high hopes for this flick, but was pretty disapointed.
Best part was the Military scene.
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

It seems that the majority of people's opinions are that they either liked it or they didn't like it.

I had pretty high expectations considering the amount of neat viral marketing as well as the buzz going around and when I went to see it, I liked it.

I guess you have to like this type of movie to appreciate the overall theme and point of the movie. I so can't wait for a sequel with more people dying and destruction all around :mrgreen:

Anyone notice the "thing" that fell out of the sky in the last scene at Coney Island?
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
tomato
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tomato »

The hype and viral marketing had me pretty excited about seeing the film, and I was not disappointed :) So many little blink-and-you-miss-it things... Love it or hate it, the method of presentation (shaky cam) did really help to immerse you into the film and its sense of urgency. It was a great film, but I'm not sure that a sequel is neccessary, even if the $'s say otherwise.
"Who' doing what now?"
skier

Post by skier »

werty316 wrote: Anyone notice the "thing" that fell out of the sky in the last scene at Coney Island?
which scene is that(many things fall out of the sky at many times)
-Austin
w00fd06
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by w00fd06 »

werty316 wrote:Anyone notice the "thing" that fell out of the sky in the last scene at Coney Island?
Most people think that was monster, but the thing i don't get is: that was a month before the "incident", so what was it during that month??? developing? or maybe it was a cocoon that fell out of the sky, and it was drilled open by the underwater drilling operations.
skierkid450 wrote:which scene is that(many things fall out of the sky at many times)
right after the park scene, when the heli bombed the monster it went black, and it briefly went to the scene at the beach, from one month before the attack.
tomato
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by tomato »

The "thing" is rumoured to be the falling satellite that woke up the creature upon impact. Satellite was owned by the Japanese company that the main character is heading to Japan to work for, as well as owning the "Slusho" brand (the younger brother is seen in the film sporting a Slusho t-shirt).
"Who' doing what now?"
Dreamcrusher
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Dreamcrusher »

It made by the same guy that does the show LOST. I haven't seen the movie but I guess there's a bunch of references to the show in the movie.
My guess is that the two will be linked together with the second installment.